Home

Started a new dynasty

This is a discussion on Started a new dynasty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-25-2004, 09:14 PM   #1
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5
Started a new dynasty

Well I dusted off NCAA 2004 and started a new dynasty. I play on Heisman level with Jistic's sliders (Great Job!). Anyway I was trying to figure out who to be. I decided to start a dynasty with Nebraska, since I have not played the game in a long time. First up was Oklahoma State. The game started and at first it was a defensive struggle. I believe it was 7-0 at the end of the 1st quarter (OSU winning). I scored to make it 7-7. Next thing I know, we are getting ready to start the 4th quarter and it is 31-7 (OSU). Thoughts crossed my mind to turn off the game and head back to the practice field, but I decided to stick it out. I scored and made it 31-15 (2 pt conversion). Next, OSU scores and it is 38-15 with about 5 minutes left in the game. I score again (38-23). I hold OSU to punt and score with under a minute in the game (38-30). I decided to just kick the extra point and not go for 2 at this point. I lined up for an onside kick and I recovered the ball. I move downfield quickly, using my TO's. With 4 seconds left, I found the endzone. It is now 38-36 (OSU) and a monster comeback (Would like to see how HFA in 2005 handles this). So I line up for the 2 point conversion and I convert it and tie the game at 38. We go to overtime and I play defense first. I stopped him on first down. A couple of plays later, the CPU finds the endzone and I am down 7. I go up to the line and call a power option. Lord takes the snap and fakes a pitch and he has nothing in front of him but the endzone. Tied at 45. I get the ball and mix up the run and pass. Finally my fullback dives in for a TD. 52-45 Nebraska. I go on defense and after the 1st down play the CPU throws for the endzone and it is intercepted. NEBRASKA WINS! This landed me my greatest game. I could not believe it. Down 31-7 and come back to win in Double OT. I forgot how good this game was. I can't wait for 2005.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-25-2004, 10:26 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Started a new dynasty

WOW!!!!!!!!! Great comeback.
Old 05-25-2004, 11:35 PM   #3
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

OVR: 4

What was the greatest game score on that? I know I got my greatest game the first time I ever played '04. Kind of a let down to never have another game that good.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:08 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hope they allow greatest games for created teams. It sucks not having a feature that gets used.
Old 05-26-2004, 03:15 PM   #5
Isildur's Heir

McLite's Arena

OVR: 24

If it was the other way around all we would hear about was how the computer cheats !

I just started one myself with FSU since they were down to a 3 star team. I ended up 9-4 on the season...losing my last 3 in a row. First time I'd ever done that. Got creamed by NC State 49-7, then crushed by Florida, then finally Tennessee in the Sugar Bowl. The wheels just came off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-26-2004, 10:18 PM   #6
Pro

taruncheel's Arena

OVR: 5

The greatest game score was 1705. A lot of my greatest game scores come when I lose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »