Home

Am I the only one concerned....???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one concerned....??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-28-2004, 07:14 PM   #25
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Am I the only one concerned....???

Quote:

alienreb said:
Dynasty sounds like a headache this year with all that crap you have to keep up with - grades, player health, NCAA violations, transfers, and don't forget...your own job. What a nightmare to keep up with all that and still try to have fun with Dynasty Mode with winning/losing games to compound the issues.

So a much improved and detailed Dynasty mode is NOT what you want I never thought I would see the day when someone would say this....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2004, 08:53 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 21

Good post alienreb.

Programmed2Kill: Believe it or not, there's some people who don't really have any time or use for dynasty or owner mode. They could get rid of a lot of that stuff, as far as I'm concerned. I've got time after work at night, if I'm lucky, for one or maybe two games. The changes in gameplay and graphics are pretty much all I have to look forward to every year. I don't begrudge the rest of you for liking those features/modes, but I just don't have the time or the interest in monitoring my players' grades in a football game. To each his own I guess.
Old 05-28-2004, 09:21 PM   #27
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Hmm, if you are that short on time maybe you should give up gaming altogether or limit yourself to ESPNFL2K5. Based on what I have seen the majority here like the dynasty and franchise modes and I believe that to be true on a larger scale as well. Most people wanted these things in the game for a while and now that they are in, most are happy. People are always going to comlpain about certain things since thats the American way. You have some saying the AI sucks, some saying the running sucks, some saying the graphics suck, some saying that too much fluff is in. Nobody can please everyone so the companies appeal to the masses. The demand for this stuff has been present for years and so it gets included. They are not here to please just you but to try and please the majority.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #28
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

kodiak said:
Hmm, if you are that short on time maybe you should give up gaming altogether or limit yourself to ESPNFL2K5. Based on what I have seen the majority here like the dynasty and franchise modes and I believe that to be true on a larger scale as well. Most people wanted these things in the game for a while and now that they are in, most are happy. People are always going to comlpain about certain things since thats the American way. You have some saying the AI sucks, some saying the running sucks, some saying the graphics suck, some saying that too much fluff is in. Nobody can please everyone so the companies appeal to the masses. The demand for this stuff has been present for years and so it gets included. They are not here to please just you but to try and please the majority.

Thank you.
Old 05-28-2004, 11:46 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Programmed2Kill said:
Quote:

kodiak said:

Thank you.

and Thank you again. that deserves another one indeed
Old 05-29-2004, 04:54 AM   #30
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

I think the point the guy was making is that minus the dynasty stuff which is great, the engine needs to be changed. It isn't horrible but it lacks in the interaction and physical motion department. Running into your blocker should not stop you dead in your tracks but instead you should be able to use the blocker and then shed it according to the opening. Or the defender should push the blocker back and the HB react accordingly. The blocking and tackling engine is played out in EA games and they need to rewrite it and work on it just as much as the Dynassty/Franchise additions. The game should not feel the same every year with no improvements except for some new singular animations (instead improving the improving on player interaction with other players) and Off the feild stuff like team micro management during the season.

Game companies should strive to make the game feel more realsitic each year on the field as much as they are now focusing off the feild.

Another example on a simple addition to the tackling system would be ball carriers interaction with playrs on the ground without manual button pressing a runner should automatically hurdle fallen playrs either teamamtes or defenders.
Old 05-29-2004, 06:42 PM   #31
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:
Another example on a simple addition to the tackling system would be ball carriers interaction with playrs on the ground without manual button pressing a runner should automatically hurdle fallen playrs either teamamtes or defenders.

That's your opinion. If EA added that, alot of other ppl would complain that that is taking control away from them. Alot of things ppl say need changed need to realize that it's subjective opinion. EA will never please everyone on issues like this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-30-2004, 12:51 AM   #32
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

bigtiggalsu said:

That's your opinion. If EA added that, alot of other ppl would complain that that is taking control away from them. Alot of things ppl say need changed need to realize that it's subjective opinion. EA will never please everyone on issues like this.

Thats true ODogg I agree that you can't please everyone but I love NCAA yet its not really that different in the actual feel of the game from year to year. If its not don't fix is cool when there is no other game to look foward to. But that same motto has basked Madden in a Cornwe and has all of us saying next year and now next console.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »