Home

Am I the only one concerned....???

This is a discussion on Am I the only one concerned....??? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-27-2004, 09:30 AM   #1
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3
Am I the only one concerned....???

about NCAA 05 based upon the feedback from the guys who played it at E3. So far it sounds to me like the only thing that's better this year is fluff - atmosphere and stuff. Regarding gameplay the only thing I've heard so far is that:

- XBOX version is slower than molasses and not fun to play (who knows what the final PS2 version will look like)
- Everyone had a hard time running the ball so they just passed all the time instead

Not good if you ask me. To be even adding 70 man rosters and enhancing dynasty is more fluff than substance. I want better gameplay damn it!!! I was to be able to toss or sweep and gain a yard once in a while!!! I wan't a computer to play against me and not cheat!!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 10:00 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32
Re: Am I the only one concerned....???

slow down will be fixed in the final build. NCAA, can count on EA to get right.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

This has got to be the 9 millionth post about this... Its not final yet. Think possitive and dont dwell in the negative.

It seems once people run out of new stuff to keep them interested they immediately turn to negative.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

yeah i agree with the last two posters before me. The game hasn't even come out yet. EA Sports knows what thier doing to improve and make the game better and to make the game fun to play for everyone. so Don't just assume the game will be slow just because a few guys as E3 says it was. because after all that was just a sample demo i'm sure at E3 of Ncaa Football 2005 that they saw or played anywho.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:42 AM   #5
War Eagle, Go Braves!

aukevin's Arena

OVR: 69

I for one have never been disappointed in a EA NCAA game, I don't think this one will either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-27-2004, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

No, obviously you aren't the only one concerned because you aren't the first to bring the issue up. Impresions from E3 were that the games was slower when compared to a.) The PS2 and b.) NCAA 2004. I didn't say a word about molasses . You have to realize that the final build will be tweaked so that both platforms have the same game speed (hopefully), and if not then you'll just have to get acclimated to the new speed. This happens almost every year.
Old 05-27-2004, 01:34 PM   #7
Rookie

tommygunn's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm more concerned about the lack of a running game. I love smash mouth football. If all my stats on 05 will be 500ypg through the air but only 29 on the ground I won't buy it!
Old 05-27-2004, 01:58 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

NCAA will not be a letdown. They do a great job every year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »