Home

Can't wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

This is a discussion on Can't wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-29-2004, 08:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Can\'t wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

Caulley played for my rival school in high school and he is the only reason why we didn't go undefeated. He's the real deal. He also broke the MD record for the 55 meter dash is his senior year in indoor track.(not sure if he still holds it) Hope he comes back healthy.
Old 05-29-2004, 09:06 PM   #10
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

Terry Caulley and Dan Orlovsky will become known this year.

Thats funny, my friend and I played a dynasty together in NCAA 2003 where he used UConn and I used Temple and we got to play eachother every now and then. We probably played 6 years worth but it is funny mentioning those guys because he constantly said that they were going to be good (he really knew nothing about UConn, we just picked bad teams that might be fun to use and had stickers). I remember he had Terry Caulley named wrong and when I looked up their season stats later on, the guy he had (I think Estep) wasn't the number we thought he was and it turned out his good freshman RB was Caulley. Orlovsky was benched in year 2 for a freshman, but when he got hurt, Orlovsky came to the rescue again for him.
Old 05-30-2004, 10:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Man This is great seein all this love for UCONN this should be a great football season here in Conn. I just went this weekend and checked on getting some season tickets I cant wait.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2004, 12:22 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 6

It seems like a neat time to get excited about Big East football..

In a sense it is in a re-building stage, and while it doesn't have Miami anymore, it still should be a competetive and fun conference. They also kept their BCS bid, which is great news.

I intend to get NCAA Football, and I am debating between playing as Florida or UConn. I think UConn could be more fun, given the fact that it is a "newer" team, and has a lot of room to build.

In a slightly un-related bit, if anyone wants to read an article about the Big East and it's current state, The Sporting News wrote a short, but informative, story HERE.

It's nice to see UConn getting some love, as they did very well last year, and are certainly a team on the rise. The next Miami? Probably not, but they should certainly be competetive.
Old 05-31-2004, 05:39 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

I hate to rain on the parade, but it makes me so (insert several thousand curse words here) angry that UCONN (as well as Cinci, Louisville, and USF) are parts of the new football Big East, while ECU is left high and dry. We've busted our [censored] for 30 years in football, with major bowl victories, wins over top programs, and multiple top 25 rankings, only to be ignored after 2 down seasons, while schools who have played 1/15th the amount of Division 1 football that we've played move into a BCS conference.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-31-2004, 03:24 PM   #14
MVP

WatchdogXC's Arena

OVR: 15

I'd be more upset about the other school than UConn if I was in your situation. UConn belongs in the Big East.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:18 PM   #15
Pro

OVR: 6

Quote:

WatchdogXC said:
I'd be more upset about the other school than UConn if I was in your situation. UConn belongs in the Big East.

Agreed.

Of the new schools entering the Big East, UConn isn't the least deserving IMO.

I think it's a good situation honestly, if only because it will be a new beginning, in a sense. Granted Miami is gone, and they were the powerhouse, but that is actually the reason I am excited about these changes.. The conference has gotten weaker, but it should still be good, exciting football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-31-2004, 05:46 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

I played with Uconn in dynasty last year and built them up pretty well. Hopefully this year the first season won't be quite as hard.

I might even play with them online a little this year too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »