Home

Can't wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

This is a discussion on Can't wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2004, 12:13 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Can\'t wait to play with UConn in their first year of the Big East!

That's what ya get for showing Steve Logan the door. He was just wild and unpredictable enough to win with the overlooked kids at ECU. He had a knack for doing something that no other coach would think he'd be crazy enough to do--and it'd work. Great QB coach and offensive mind, too. However, C-USA has replaced their losses well, and is still a strong league. With Marshall joining, TCU still being great, Tommy West and Joe Lee Dunn turning Memphis into a solid program, a vastly-improved Tulsa team, and a George O'Leary-led UCF program, C-USA should easily be the strongest mid-major conference out there. I suspect that if the Big East ever decides to shoot for 12 teams in FB, the opportunity is there for several CUSA teams (ECU, Marshall, UCF, Southern Miss) to move up. Of course, C-USA MIGHT be able to work into the BCS at some point, if TCU can maintain its high level and others can reach that level too.

As for ECU being left out of the Big East...Louisville is a much better program right now, and both Louisville and Cincinatti are MAJOR basketball additions to the Big East. UConn is already a member of the Big East in basketball, and USF is viewed as a major up and comer in football with a fast-growing alumni base, good new facilities, and the resource of recruiting Florida and the Tampa area. This past year, they signed the highest rated recruiting class of all non-BCS schools, according to Rivals.com. They stole several players, including a big, fast WR and a great DE from the likes of FSU, Miami, Pittsburgh, etc.
Old 06-01-2004, 12:40 AM   #18
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

if TCU can maintain its high level and others can reach that level too.

In 2005, TCU is moving over to the Mountain West. The Mountain West should be relatively strong with TCU, Colorado State, Air Force, New Mexico, Utah, UNLV, and BYU.
Old 06-01-2004, 09:02 AM   #19
Th*t Cr*zy Cr*ck*r

OVR: 7

Quote:

LilLowe said:
Caulley played for my rival school in high school and he is the only reason why we didn't go undefeated. He's the real deal. He also broke the MD record for the 55 meter dash is his senior year in indoor track.(not sure if he still holds it) Hope he comes back healthy.

TC ran all over my HS in the state semis my senior year...like, 270 yards and 4 TDs and I've been following him ever since. The kid is small, which was why UConn was his only D-I RB offer, but he is fast and quick and...just amazing.
Old 06-02-2004, 02:53 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 8

I live in Wethersfield, so I'm really close too. I can't get season tix because I play fall baseball, but I went to the West. Michigan and Rutgers games last year, two of the best ones. They almost beat N.C. State last year. Damn. So close.

I just hope we get a good model of their stadium and close unis.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »