Home

NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

This is a discussion on NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
Pro

MJDrocks's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 14... One of the best football games??... Ever??

NCAA 14 is the best football game I've ever played on the PS3. I've played some really fun PS2 football games but NCAA 14 may even surpass those.
Old 01-08-2015, 02:10 PM   #10
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

For me best ever is more then what features a game has or gameplay. For me it is all about my desire to keep playing that game over and over and the feeling it provides me. I only play sports game but as I have gotten much older I no longer feel the need to buy every sports game out there. In fact NCAA 14 is the last game I purchased, I got Madden 14 for Christmas this year from my wife but for the PS4 a system I do not have so I have to play it.

So I thought about this question of best ever very hard. I love playing NCAA14. I have a dynasty that is over a year old that I can't stop playing and started another one that is only 5 seasons in a couple months back. I find myself thinking about my dynasty at times, thinking of my team and my next moves. Does that make it the best ever? I think for me NCAA14 is a really fun game that I enjoy playing all the time. It is the first time I have had more than a year to play the game before moving on to the next years game. Every year I told myself I was not going to get the game but every year I found myself with a copy on the day it hit the streets. Until now I have not had a chance to play the game for a period of time to create memories like I had of Temco Bowl or Bill Walsh. I still remember getting Tecmo Bowl back on Christmas 87 with my NES, I played it all day just killing my neighbors with Bo Jackson. NCAA06 was a really good game, almost complete, and I loved NCAA09 as it was the first time I got 10 seasons into a dynasty.

So when I compare NCAA14 with those other games it offers me a lot of the same things that made those games so fun. That may not be great in the sense of the best ever, but it is great in the fact I still desire to play it when ever I have an opportunity to play video games.
Old 01-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 1

I love the gameplay and coaching RPG aspect.

I still dislike the recruiting.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2015, 04:04 PM   #12
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

BY FAR the BEST football game on this gen platform!!! If they could've had the playoff system one year sooner irl this game would be EPIC!!!

https://www.youtube.com/DarthRambo
Old 01-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #13
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
For me best ever is more then what features a game has or gameplay. For me it is all about my desire to keep playing that game over and over and the feeling it provides me. I only play sports game but as I have gotten much older I no longer feel the need to buy every sports game out there. In fact NCAA 14 is the last game I purchased, I got Madden 14 for Christmas this year from my wife but for the PS4 a system I do not have so I have to play it.
Did you try and convince her that you need to buy a PS4 now ? Oh and let me say, totally hear you, same boat. I used to buy the new game every year for Madden, NASCAR, NCAA, etc. Stopped doing that a few years back as my life priorities have changed. Still buy the occasional game, especially if it's budget, used, etc. or get them as a gift, but that's it.

As for the original question: aw man, asking if this is the best football game ever is kind of opening a can of worms. It's far and away my current favorite football game, the best iteration of NCAA, ranks at the top of the PS3/360 generation and it might become legendary if it never has a successor.

All that said, as you can see, people do wish there were some features there that aren't. Madden die-hards might scoff. There are some old school games (noticed Tecmo Bowl was mentioned) still holding up well nearly 30 years later for one reason or another...so yeah, I can't say it's best ever but as I said to start, it's the best in its series, one of my favs and it might become a legend, especially if it has no successor.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:05 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILuvMN81
Did you try and convince her that you need to buy a PS4 now ? Oh and let me say, totally hear you, same boat. I used to buy the new game every year for Madden, NASCAR, NCAA, etc. Stopped doing that a few years back as my life priorities have changed. Still buy the occasional game, especially if it's budget, used, etc. or get them as a gift, but that's it.

As for the original question: aw man, asking if this is the best football game ever is kind of opening a can of worms. It's far and away my current favorite football game, the best iteration of NCAA, ranks at the top of the PS3/360 generation and it might become legendary if it never has a successor.

All that said, as you can see, people do wish there were some features there that aren't. Madden die-hards might scoff. There are some old school games (noticed Tecmo Bowl was mentioned) still holding up well nearly 30 years later for one reason or another...so yeah, I can't say it's best ever but as I said to start, it's the best in its series, one of my favs and it might become a legend, especially if it has no successor.
Yeah got that PS4 in the works. I would love to have an NES and Tecmo Bowl to play now and then.
Old 01-09-2015, 09:58 AM   #15
MVP

Son of Sam99's Arena

OVR: 14

I loved the series but actually hadn't bought it for two years. For one because I loved '11 and for two because there were so many complaints about '12 & '13. Then when '14 got such positive reviews I picked it up and was floored with the quality almost immediately.

Maybe more than anything else I love that the passing game is in much better shape and DL/OL interactions are just fantastic.
A+
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 08:40 PM   #16
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Yeah I Kant stop Playing the game and we know it shouldve had more on it. Like FCS schools and in depth more in Dynasty and teambuilder. But yeah its the best game out of the series as far as look and gameplay. I wish they wouldve brought back player profiles frm old gen were we kould see what each player has done and won All american and all conferance honors.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »