Home

You guys are Die Hards

This is a discussion on You guys are Die Hards within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2015, 04:35 PM   #17
I'm not on InstantFace.

Cardot's Arena

OVR: 22
Re: You guys are Die Hards

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
The lawsuit ended the game but it didn't end my ability to play. You should play the game again if you liked it.
Yeah, I am old school. I go back to the day long before annual releases. Back then, you bought a game and played it for years. It seems some folks these days are almost programmed to think you can only play a sports game for a year, and then you have to move on.

This is actually one of my concerns with the always online model the industry seems to be heading to. But that is a story for another thread.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:51 PM   #18
Pro

BreakingBad2013's Arena

OVR: 0

I've always preferred Madden over college, until college was no longer available. The gameplay and graphics of Madden have always smashed college, still does. But the immersion and off-season of college is better than Madden. Since I'm a roster management guy, this took it home for me. I have an XBOX ONE and probably a dozen games, that cannot hold my interest.

Last night I bought College Hoops 2k8, Fall Out 3, and Smackdown vs Raw 2011.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #19
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

I actually just bought this game for the first time last week. This is probably the best football game I've ever played.
Old 01-09-2015, 06:28 PM   #20
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot
Yeah, I am old school. I go back to the day long before annual releases. Back then, you bought a game and played it for years. It seems some folks these days are almost programmed to think you can only play a sports game for a year, and then you have to move on.

This is actually one of my concerns with the always online model the industry seems to be heading to. But that is a story for another thread.
I am with you on old school. I played Tecmo Bowl for years until I found Bill Walsh. In 97 I found my way to NCAA98 and that was the end of things for me. I had to purchase the title each year. My senior year of college I had a room mate that had a PS2 and NCAA02. We played it all the time. There were nights we would stay up until 3 or 4 knowing I had to student teach, those days the kids watched videos. As soon as I got my first check I rushed out to get a PS2 and NCAA03. I would purchase Madden every year just to carry over the draft classes.

Once they announced that the series was ending I was a little bit happy just because I could enjoy 14 like I use to enjoy Temco Bowl and Bill Walsh. This is the only game I play.
Old 01-09-2015, 08:20 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by noarmsduck
I have a PS4. I ordered a PS3 on ebay specifically to play NCAA 14. The PS3 got here today and it won't read discs
NCAA 14 was only 15 bucks a few weeks ago as digital download, no need for discs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2015, 10:45 PM   #22
Rookie

ILuvMN81's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardot

I can tell you're old school. I like your avatar, NES Ice Hockey. Man was that game a blast.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:37 PM   #23
Rookie

SalvArmyMatt's Arena

OVR: 1

I hate that buy a new game every year mentality that they milk out of us. It is kind of nice to enjoy a game for awhile.
Old 01-09-2015, 11:47 PM   #24
Into the Wild

beekay415's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhutch769
NCAA 14 was only 15 bucks a few weeks ago as digital download, no need for discs

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
yeah its prolly a good idea to get the game digital that way after time when the disc is done you can still play.....i should do the same haha

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »