Home

Was this mentioned?

This is a discussion on Was this mentioned? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-01-2004, 05:47 PM   #1
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Was this mentioned?

I didn't frequent this board back during the rush of posting after NCAA04 came out, so forgive me...

Did anyone point out how defenders have an amazing talent when it comes to defending passes?

Many times a defender will deflect a pass AND then turn and tackle the receiver all in ONE fluid move. Wow. No defensive back ever has the ability to accomplish this task.

Usually a pass defender will do two things: play the ball (for deflection or interception) or play the man.

DBs are taught how to strip defenders by getting an arm in-between the receivers arms and pulling an arm down or away. If a DB is going for the ball, he pretty much sells out and is not in position to make a tackle or bring the receiver down -- at least not in the fashion the players perform on NCAA 04.

Just wondering if anyone brought this up... and what y'all think...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-02-2004, 12:12 AM   #2
Rookie

kirkdawg's Arena

Re: Was this mentioned?

My only concern about what I've heard about 05 is that they've increased the number of tipped passes and enhanced the tip drill. Even with slider adjustments I still get way too many tipped passes and INTs. My starting DBs are usually the top 4 in passes defended every year and near the top in INTs. I'd rather see more passes off target passes than tipped balls.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:33 PM   #3
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

DB AI in this series has always lacked and imo it is still awful.

The tipped pass thing worries me too. We didn't need more interceptions... we needed less.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:45 PM   #4
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10

i agree i always thought the main problem on defense was the line...i mean its hard to dominate a game as a lineman as opposed to a linebacker or defensive back

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »