Home

In game pancakes

This is a discussion on In game pancakes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2015, 09:38 PM   #1
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
In game pancakes

Does anyone know how to get these in game? I get them occasionally (probably average about 3 per game) but not enough to compete with the CPU teams.

Going into game 6 of 2023 in my dynasty my team leader had 4.

Then I played Boston College, a normal game for me and my OL put up THESE pancake numbers!

My TEAM had a grand total of 17 pancakes through 5 games.
In this ONE game they tallied 30 pancakes!

I played every down so those aren't supersimmed numbers and I played a very normal offensive gameplan. Boston College's defense was average as well.

I have no clue how I managed to get those numbers, but I'd love to know so that I can increase my pancake numbers in the future.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: In game pancakes

I've got two thoughts on this. 1. I wonder in the game accurately tracks the pancakes (I think of how it doesn't do well on assisted tackles).

Secondly, I've read before that the "Impact Blocking" rating is how well a player makes a leveling block, aka pancake.

Do you happen to have a lot of players with above average IB ratings? In that game where you had so many, did you run a lot of plays that put the blockers out in space where they could make leveling blocks?

BTW, Cohen went full beastmode lot!
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

Last edited by StoneCalf; 01-11-2015 at 02:16 PM. Reason: added ps
Old 01-11-2015, 03:22 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
I've got two thoughts on this. 1. I wonder in the game accurately tracks the pancakes (I think of how it doesn't do well on assisted tackles).

Secondly, I've read before that the "Impact Blocking" rating is how well a player makes a leveling block, aka pancake.

Do you happen to have a lot of players with above average IB ratings? In that game where you had so many, did you run a lot of plays that put the blockers out in space where they could make leveling blocks?

BTW, Cohen went full beastmode lot!
I have a big playbook (~373 plays I think) so I have a lot of variety, but my gameplan was pretty similar to normal. I generally recruit for RBK on the line but I'd bet my IBK ratings are pretty normal. Whatever they are, they're the same they were through the 1st 4 games.

Cohen went beast mode alright, but he only had 1 pancake/game though the 1st 4 games. He had 3 TIMES as many pancakes in this 1 game as he had on the season coming into it. All 4 guys w/ 4+ pancakes had more pancakes in this game than they had on the season.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:45 PM   #4
Fan of real schools

Hellisan's Arena

OVR: 19

I have a friend who was always good at manipulating things, some of his ideas were nearly constant "power" blocking - I think that's the up audible? to get pancakes. I can never remember to do that. He would also play just about every player on the team every game in order to increase AWR. AAAAllllllllllso would manipulate players leaving with late depth chart maneuvers.
Old 01-12-2015, 02:39 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

I've noticed on rare occasion that some of my OL will get warm/hot (yellow/red when viewing hot/cold preplay) and that correlated with higher than usual pancake numbers for that game. It happens very rarely though... I think I've noticed it all of 4 times since I've been playing the game. Perhaps this is what happened in your case?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2015, 06:26 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
I've noticed on rare occasion that some of my OL will get warm/hot (yellow/red when viewing hot/cold preplay) and that correlated with higher than usual pancake numbers for that game. It happens very rarely though... I think I've noticed it all of 4 times since I've been playing the game. Perhaps this is what happened in your case?
Dunno, but my guys get warm more often than they do for you. Anytime someone's on fire (pulsing red) and they make a good play (usually a TD) they "explode" all over their teammates which increases their "hotness" by 1 level. When that happens, my entire O-line will be warm/hot. But I haven't noticed any increased pancakes due to that before.
Old 01-12-2015, 07:16 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whaley
Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Dunno, but my guys get warm more often than they do for you. Anytime someone's on fire (pulsing red) and they make a good play (usually a TD) they "explode" all over their teammates which increases their "hotness" by 1 level. When that happens, my entire O-line will be warm/hot. But I haven't noticed any increased pancakes due to that before.
To give you an idea of how common it is for me to have warm O-linemen, here's a snapshot from only 12 minutes into the 1st game I've played since your post.

Even w/ my OL guys getting warm, I still very rarely got many pancakes.

EDIT:
FWIW, my guys had a very average # of pancakes in this game, despite being warm/hot for almost all of the last 3 quarters.

Last edited by jello1717; 01-12-2015 at 07:57 PM.
Old 01-12-2015, 09:27 PM   #8
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you the same guy a couple weeks ago that had two teams play 20+ times in one season and completely screwed your stats? Maybe your system is just jacked? Lol

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »