Home

Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

This is a discussion on Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay?? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2015, 12:06 PM   #25
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Do you/should I use the persuade option to get players to stay??

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
I know this was an option in earlier versions of the game, but I haven't been able to even look at my roster or depth chart during the Leaving Early process. Sometimes the decision to persuade comes down to whether or not his absence would cripple the team or not. And I can't decide that until I have a better picture of who else I have on my team. For some reason I'm just not able to find it, though.
My advice is to know your roster. Before I advance to every offseason I look over my roster to know what I am loosing, what I might lose, and what freshman I have. If you can't remember information well then you might want to make some notes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2015, 12:22 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
My advice is to know your roster. Before I advance to every offseason I look over my roster to know what I am loosing, what I might lose, and what freshman I have. If you can't remember information well then you might want to make some notes.
Well, that's the other thing: In previous versions of the game, it was harder to keep guys, but in NCAA 14, pretty much everybody declaring for the draft early can be convinced to stay and every transfer can NOT be convinced to stay, so up until now, I've just convinced all of my potential draftees to stay. But now that I'm considering implementing some house rules to let guys go, it looks like the only way to do this is to really study your roster before you go to the offseason. I wonder why they removed the ability to see your depth chart/roster though.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:41 PM   #27
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
Well, that's the other thing: In previous versions of the game, it was harder to keep guys, but in NCAA 14, pretty much everybody declaring for the draft early can be convinced to stay and every transfer can NOT be convinced to stay, so up until now, I've just convinced all of my potential draftees to stay. But now that I'm considering implementing some house rules to let guys go, it looks like the only way to do this is to really study your roster before you go to the offseason. I wonder why they removed the ability to see your depth chart/roster though.
I am sure it got removed much like many of the other features that were removed. Things have been taken out of the series and replaced over the years. It does add a degree of difficulty when you have to make decisions without all the facts.

For me I never sway players from leaving. If they declare for the draft then they will be drafted and if they want to leave then let them go, but that is just me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »