Home

Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360

This is a discussion on Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2015, 10:48 AM   #17
Banned

martywebb's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Camera Angle Variations in NCAA14 For 360

After testing very minimally with auto-pass, it may have converted me. I'm going to change up to the Comm. Sliders with a slight adjustment for the auto-pass game.

I love being able to call a game from the coordinator cam. Will do some more testing, I'm starting the 7th season to my dynasty, and loaded up my schedule with my first six games having a healthy balance of really bad, good and really good teams.
Old 01-30-2015, 11:36 AM   #18
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
After testing very minimally with auto-pass, it may have converted me. I'm going to change up to the Comm. Sliders with a slight adjustment for the auto-pass game.

I love being able to call a game from the coordinator cam. Will do some more testing, I'm starting the 7th season to my dynasty, and loaded up my schedule with my first six games having a healthy balance of really bad, good and really good teams.
I've done the same thing. My last ~10 games have been w/ autopass instead of true coach mode. Your tip on using player lock on options was a HUUUUUUUUGE help for me! Thanx a million for that!

There are still a few things I'm not a fan of, but getting my choice of camera angles instead of the terrible broadcast camera was nearly enough to convert me, but being able to hot route anyone on D was more than enough to put me over the top.

Here are the things I'm still not a fan of, but I'll get over them.

1. Having to player lock on options. In my first couple of games I would forget to player lock, but I've gotten into the habit now. This isn't an issue for me any more.

2. Having control of a D guy if I touch a button. A few times I've been trying to shift my line or view the play art or hot route someone when the ball was snapped and my guy wouldn't move. This isn't terrible now as I've gotten better at not doing it and I learned that if it happens I can quickly push "B" to switch players and if I push nothing else, the CPU will continue to control the new guy.

3. Having control of kicks/punts. Even in true coach mode I would supersim/watch sim all of my FGs/XPs anyway so that's not an issue. I would also supersim/watch all of my punts near midfield (since rarely the punter would try to coffin corner in a sim, but would NEVER coffin corner w/ a coach mode punt) so this isn't a big deal. I also now supersim/watch my kickoffs which is fine.
The only times it's an issue is when the CPU wants to go for it on 4th instead of punt/kick. When that happens I have to manually do it but oh well.

Overall, I'm LOVING the autopass coach mode even more than true coach mode (simply being able to see the entire field and all players again is HUGE).
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-17-2015, 11:26 AM   #19
MVP

jello1717's Arena

I just found something else that's AWESOME (for me) about using autopass.

In coach mode I HATE it when my QB scrambles (1. More likely to be injured, 2. WAAAAY more likely to fumble, 3. If I wanted him to run I would've called a running play). It happens all the time w/ scramblers (which is all I recruit) so I have to edit my QBs to be balanced (I do this by neutering their TRK which I've found to be the least damaging).

I just signed a dude w/ 94 SPD, 96 ACC, 93 AGI, 90 THP and decided to leave him as a scrambler. If he took too many scrambles I'd edit him down to (I'd have to take his 63 TRK down to 1 TRK to make him balanced).

I just played an ENTIRE game w/ him and he NEVER scrambled once. After thinking bout it I don't recall ever seeing my balanced guys scramble either. It's pretty clear that using auto pass a QB won't scramble at all. To verify this I ran 1 3rd down play while watching a supersim (essentially it's true coach mode w/o me calling the play) and my QB scrambled.

So, my QB scrambled on 1/1 drop backs w/ true coach mode and on 0/29 drop backs w/ auto pass. For someone like me that loathes seeing his QB scramble (yes, I miss out on a lot of potential rushing yards, but I also miss out on a lot of fumbles and potential injuries) this is AWESOME! If you actually want to see your QB scramble, then it would suck the big one.

It's great for me as it means that I can stop neutering my QBs to make them balanced.

Here's a quick video of a play where my QB just calmly steps up in the pocket and completes a pass. If this were true coach mode I'm sure that he would've scrambled.

Old 02-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #20
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I just found something else that's AWESOME (for me) about using autopass.

In coach mode I HATE it when my QB scrambles (1. More likely to be injured, 2. WAAAAY more likely to fumble, 3. If I wanted him to run I would've called a running play). It happens all the time w/ scramblers (which is all I recruit) so I have to edit my QBs to be balanced (I do this by neutering their TRK which I've found to be the least damaging).

I just signed a dude w/ 94 SPD, 96 ACC, 93 AGI, 90 THP and decided to leave him as a scrambler. If he took too many scrambles I'd edit him down to (I'd have to take his 63 TRK down to 1 TRK to make him balanced).

I just played an ENTIRE game w/ him and he NEVER scrambled once. After thinking bout it I don't recall ever seeing my balanced guys scramble either. It's pretty clear that using auto pass a QB won't scramble at all. To verify this I ran 1 3rd down play while watching a supersim (essentially it's true coach mode w/o me calling the play) and my QB scrambled.

So, my QB scrambled on 1/1 drop backs w/ true coach mode and on 0/29 drop backs w/ auto pass. For someone like me that loathes seeing his QB scramble (yes, I miss out on a lot of potential rushing yards, but I also miss out on a lot of fumbles and potential injuries) this is AWESOME! If you actually want to see your QB scramble, then it would suck the big one.

It's great for me as it means that I can stop neutering my QBs to make them balanced.

Here's a quick video of a play where my QB just calmly steps up in the pocket and completes a pass. If this were true coach mode I'm sure that he would've scrambled.

We run similar if not the same system, and that was a huge issue for me in Coach Mode as well.

Here's the crazy thing, last year in my first HC season in my dynasty, I had a slower, more powerful scrambler at QB. He didn't run on his own will during a pass ever. This year, I have a Pat White type of guy, and a couple of times this season (through 4 games,) on maybe a long pass play with a limited rush, he makes his progressions, and actually CORRECTLY decided to step up and try and rush for the first down.

It's a beautiful thing, but I did notice it was when I player locked a RG on a passing play a couple of the times. Either way, it wasn't as ****ty as the coach mode scrambles where he almost doesn't finish his drop back.
Old 02-17-2015, 06:14 PM   #21
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by martywebb
We run similar if not the same system, and that was a huge issue for me in Coach Mode as well.

Here's the crazy thing, last year in my first HC season in my dynasty, I had a slower, more powerful scrambler at QB. He didn't run on his own will during a pass ever. This year, I have a Pat White type of guy, and a couple of times this season (through 4 games,) on maybe a long pass play with a limited rush, he makes his progressions, and actually CORRECTLY decided to step up and try and rush for the first down.

It's a beautiful thing, but I did notice it was when I player locked a RG on a passing play a couple of the times. Either way, it wasn't as ****ty as the coach mode scrambles where he almost doesn't finish his drop back.
I'll have to try player lock to see what happens. Right now I only lock on option plays. I'll have to try locking on an OL guy on a pass play to see if my guy scrambles.

Of course I still won't want him to, but I'm curious if that'd fix this for those that want scrambles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2015, 07:03 PM   #22
MVP

jello1717's Arena

I tried player locking an OL guy on a 2nd and short and my guy scrambled right away. I may try this from time to time on 2nd and short or 1st and 10s where I don't mind him scrambling as much (even though I'd still worry about fumbles/injuries). I still love that I can keep him from scrambling whenever I want though.
Old 02-17-2015, 07:33 PM   #23
Banned

martywebb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I tried player locking an OL guy on a 2nd and short and my guy scrambled right away. I may try this from time to time on 2nd and short or 1st and 10s where I don't mind him scrambling as much (even though I'd still worry about fumbles/injuries). I still love that I can keep him from scrambling whenever I want though.

Agree. On 3rd and 10+ I'm player locking, in the event that maybe it's man-to-man blitz, and my guy can try and make them pay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »