Home

The Hope for NCAA Video Games in the Immediate Future is Dim (Podcast)

This is a discussion on The Hope for NCAA Video Games in the Immediate Future is Dim (Podcast) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2015, 04:40 PM   #17
Pro

herropreese's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: The Hope for NCAA Video Games in the Immediate Future is Dim (Podcast)

The thought of a joint NCAA/Madden game it kind of exciting. IF they were able to be played essentially as they are now...but with added intertwining of the dynasty/franchises.

Could you imagine having a huge online dyachise with people coaching in the NCAA and NFL at the same time? They could synchronize the ratings system so the NCAA players are obviously worse, etc.

The storylines could be immense. A coach that gets bumped up to the NFL playing a team with a former player he coached or something. Talking about the crazy new #1 who tore it up in the NCAA last season.

Have a mode where you could play Ohio State against the Browns (just for the fun of it).

Naturally there are other things I'm probably missing that would be great, but still. It would be wonderful.

...but I dream.
Old 01-30-2015, 05:51 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Death
I understand what you're saying, but in real life how many college coaches start getting NFL offers after just four years? Zero!

The other problem with your scenario is that there are those of us who much prefer the college game to the pro game... so while your idea would bring college gaming back... only being able to play it for four seasons would be a real drag.

Now... if you had the chance to return to college as a coach after your NFL career as a player ended, and you could stay in college IF you wanted to, that might be something that would work.

But there's no way people would want to be restricted to only four years of college and the rest being Madden...

Well, my idea was pointed towards the career mode and the more years to build up your rep and get hired at the NFL level as a coach, the better (player will be locked at four).

I think Madden needs to expand to include NCAA. It would be the ultimate football simulator.

Last edited by bugkill1sf; 01-30-2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:16 AM   #19
Rookie

Anyone working on College Football 14 updated rosters since the signings?
Old 02-09-2015, 02:51 PM   #20
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bugkill1sf
This is where Madden needs to come in play. I would recommend that they integrate NCAA Football into Madden and here is how it is should go down. The idea would be that when you play career as a player or coach, you would start out in college and all the models are randomly generated (too avoid lawsuits), but fully editable like in NCAA Football games. You will only have up to 4 years and then head to the draft as a player or get offers as a coach, then you would progress into Madden.

There is no real need to make a NCAA Football game anymore because adding some features in Madden where draft classes and created players can still transfer into the Madden Game and you will have at least 4 seasons of college football, so it will be enough of filler until they work out all the legal stuff. It would keep the game going and greatly enhance Madden. The idea is raw, but I think it would be great to integrate the games.

great idea, and just dump the 4 year thing for those who want to coach.

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Old 02-10-2015, 07:31 PM   #21
MVP

cowboy_kmoney's Arena

OVR: 11

Hope they get something done.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2015, 08:45 AM   #22
Rookie

This is what I don't understand.

The issue is with player likenesses and not university licensing correct?

So why don't they just put out a game with the real colleges where the players bear no likeness to the actual rosters. (No "real" players)

Most of us here play dynasties beyond 4 years. After 4 years, player likenesses become a moot point.

In fact, I prefer the game after 4 years because I am playing with "my own recruits." I have never bought the game to play with this or that real college player. I buy it for the long haul dynasties of made up dudes.

Why can't we have a game with real schools (and maybe even real coaches and playbooks/tendencies) and made up dudes? Would it not sell?
Old 02-11-2015, 12:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo15

So why don't they just put out a game with the real colleges where the players bear no likeness to the actual rosters. (No "real" players)

Most of us here play dynasties beyond 4 years. After 4 years, player likenesses become a moot point.

In fact, I prefer the game after 4 years because I am playing with "my own recruits." I have never bought the game to play with this or that real college player. I buy it for the long haul dynasties of made up dudes.

Why can't we have a game with real schools (and maybe even real coaches and playbooks/tendencies) and made up dudes? Would it not sell?
Ea was willing to continue even after losing their NCAA license. It's when the conferences and schools actually started pulling out of their license agreements that EA canceled the game. So while the issues arose because of player likenesses, EA lost the right to use many schools and conferences, making a proper college game all but impossible.
Old 02-16-2015, 01:45 PM   #24
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbo15

This would be all I would need, too. Just focus on the Universities and the coaches. Have the game generate a completely made up roster, based off of the Universities prestige, plus the coaches attributes and tendencies (ex: The game would generate running qb's and FB's to Georgia Tech). Once I'm into the actual dynasty, I don't give a crap about the original roster.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »