Home

Wasted Potential for Teambuilder

This is a discussion on Wasted Potential for Teambuilder within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:02 PM   #9
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Wasted Potential for Teambuilder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeInYoFace
very true, never thought of that. it would be time consuming tho to have to change alot of the players attributes to achieve that coveted 1 star rating, but such is life in the ea sports ncaa football world. another thing is player personnel. for example, if i do choose a school with a 43 defense but i want to run a 34 defense, ill be stuck with 5 defensive tackles and 3 middle linebackers when really it should be the other way around because of the defensive scheme. what a tangled web i weave...
lol the starting process takes a while but when it's done it's a work of art haha. With that Miami team I did the whole roster and its more accurate than any roster I've seen so I prefer to play with my team for more than just the uniforms. The way I've went around the 4-3, 3-4 thing is just making players closer to other positions when there's over flow. Il make bigger DEs as DTs, Smaller DEs as OLBs, etc. so that on the depth chart it's less of a switch. I just make the starters first so it's the backups that are moving since the awareness affects the overall rating at another position. After the first year you can do position changes to fix what's left.
Old 01-23-2015, 02:28 PM   #10
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

The U used to be my backup dynasty team after Penn State but once the OB was torn down I could never get into them while playing at the Dolphins' stadium (whatever the hell it's named now).

It would be great to build them, as OP said, with all of the smoke and everything else and put them in a different stadium that has a little more personality.

BTW, is TeamBuilder even working for people anymore? I tried to mess around with it a few weeks ago but the teams never showed up for my when I searched on my 360.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-23-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The U used to be my backup dynasty team after Penn State but once the OB was torn down I could never get into them while playing at the Dolphins' stadium (whatever the hell it's named now).

It would be great to build them, as OP said, with all of the smoke and everything else and put them in a different stadium that has a little more personality.

BTW, is TeamBuilder even working for people anymore? I tried to mess around with it a few weeks ago but the teams never showed up for my when I searched on my 360.
I've tried everything to get a stadium that felt like Orange Bowl, I just gave up, nothing will ever be the same. I remade the same updated Miami roster but with the uniforms from back when Sean Taylor, McGahee, Portis, Johnson, Dorsey and all those guys played. They actually look better than these but those were always my favorite uniforms. I might post some pics of them later but it's definitely missing the school traditions and rivalries. Even my game against FSU wasn't the same because it always puts it at week 3 for some reason. Oh well, maybe somebody can make it happen.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2015, 04:46 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
lmao @ wookies... that's an interesting idea for making teams. I agree that really could have added so much more but realistically they would probably never invest that much time into it. I just wish they used what they already had better. So much potential with that setup.
Haha yeah. Huge Geek moment of mine. I found it really fun to model the uniforms after the character or species colors/apperance. Some of them were amazing because they looked cool and some looked hilariously terrible. Some examples:

Dwarves

Ents

Gungans

Spartans/Master Chief
Old 01-23-2015, 07:31 PM   #13
MVP

JEJunior's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauer4MVP
Haha yeah. Huge Geek moment of mine. I found it really fun to model the uniforms after the character or species colors/apperance. Some of them were amazing because they looked cool and some looked hilariously terrible. Some examples:

Dwarves

Ents

Gungans

Spartans/Master Chief
haha those color combos are hideous.. I still like that idea tho, and we all have some Geek in us. Anybody who says they don't are lying. Mine is that I'm a star wars fan, old and new haha
Old 03-20-2020, 03:59 PM   #14
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJunior
Idk how many people still use the teambuilder feature in 14 but I feel like this is one feature that could have taken this game over the top. Teambuilder let's you create a team and use them in a dynasty or play now game but I wish that you could use it as a team editor as well.

For example Madden 05 on the ps2 had a feature that allowed you to make a uniform in your franchise, the uniforms were trash in my opinion BUT it let you re-organize your base uniforms and shoes, so I could be Oakland and have my all black created uniform as my default home, and the traditional Raiders white and gray as my default road uniform.

If EA had this in 14 where you could take a team like Miami and bring JUST the uniforms in from teambuilder without losing the rivals, traditions (like running through the smoke), and everything else that's built in, this game would be timeless. That would mean as rosters get updated to 15 and 16 you could still use up to date uniforms or make your own, since crazy uniforms are becoming the new tradition.

Here's my teambuilder version of Miami in my dynasty... I lose everything that comes with the program tho, including all of my rivalries. I wish I could use these in my online dynasties.

I know one of you computer geniuses can pull this off!!!

this can be done....
Old 04-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sXeInYoFace
i never really got into teambuilder. its advertised as a customize everything feature and you can re-create historic or FCS teams...but you cant choose a players home state and their right class ( as in a redshirt or not). home state has alot to do with recruiting and how real can i make a team if the computer randomly chooses who is a redshirt. ive created a 1 star fictional school based in north dakota and a large number of my players were from california and florida, none from the surrounding states like montana, wyoming, south dakota and such. and my "star" QB i wanted as a true freshman was made a redshirt freshman in the beginning of my dynasty. just irked me about the total customization. thats it.
This is because when you create a team builder team, they just take a current teams roster and give it to you depending on the type of team you create. Ex: if you pick a cupcake team, I think they give you Bowling Green's roster. They don't randomly give you players.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »