Home

PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

This is a discussion on PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen? within the EA Sports College Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football
Sports Emulation in 2022 - Going Beyond Emulation
OS Reacts: NBA 2K23 Gameplay Improvements
MLB The Show 22 Missing Features
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2015, 02:14 AM   #1
Pro
 
m00d's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Corinth, MS
PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

Hey guys,

I've never owned a PlayStation and currently play NCAA 14 on my 360.
My 6 year old lil girl loves Scooby Doo so I did some research an found that the best option for old Scooby games is a PS2. So after deciding to buy a old PS2 naturally my next thought was to grab a old version of NCAA for it. So I'd like to know if the 2011 version of ncaa on the PS2 will do widescreen 480P? I've searched big G over and over with no results. It seems like when the 360/PS3 came out everyone jumped ship and there isn't a lot of info about the last few versions on the PS2.

Thanks!
Mood
m00d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2015, 08:22 AM   #2
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2008
Re: PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by m00d
Hey guys,

I've never owned a PlayStation and currently play NCAA 14 on my 360.
My 6 year old lil girl loves Scooby Doo so I did some research an found that the best option for old Scooby games is a PS2. So after deciding to buy a old PS2 naturally my next thought was to grab a old version of NCAA for it. So I'd like to know if the 2011 version of ncaa on the PS2 will do widescreen 480P? I've searched big G over and over with no results. It seems like when the 360/PS3 came out everyone jumped ship and there isn't a lot of info about the last few versions on the PS2.

Thanks!
Mood
I definitely ran the last two PS2 versions on a widescreen TV.
mikey d is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2015, 02:40 PM   #3
Rookie
 
LuckySeven's Arena
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Sep 2004
Re: PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

Pretty sure you can at least go back as far as NCAA Football 06 and be able to run them in widescreen on the PS2. To get the best picture quality though, I'd suggest getting hold of a component cable to connect to your TV with. I tried it with the normal red/white/yellow cables and it looked terrible.

Last edited by LuckySeven; 01-27-2015 at 02:46 PM.
LuckySeven is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 12:30 AM   #4
Pro
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Jan 2012
Blog Entries: 1
Re: PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
Pretty sure you can at least go back as far as NCAA Football 06 and be able to run them in widescreen on the PS2. To get the best picture quality though, I'd suggest getting hold of a component cable to connect to your TV with. I tried it with the normal red/white/yellow cables and it looked terrible.
Serious? That's awesome, this is the one thing preventing me ffrom picking up thhhe old system and game.
__________________
***1971-72 ABA Roster 2K12 360***
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...f-rosters.html

***Roster of Entirely Fictional Players 2K12 360***
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ter-360-a.html
return.specialist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 09:14 AM   #5
Rookie
 
Footski10's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Michigan
Re: PS2 versions of NCAA with 480P and widescreen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by return.specialist
Serious? That's awesome, this is the one thing preventing me ffrom picking up thhhe old system and game.
I can't speak for NCAA 11, but I have been playing NCAA 09 on widescreen for the last few months. Do yourself a favor and invest in the component cable. I think I got one on ebay for like $8 plus shipping. I can't exactly remember how much of a difference it makes the gameplay look (I know it looks good enough for me) but I know for sure you will notice a huge difference in menus, text, etc. Text such as white on black background is clearly defined instead of blurry.
Footski10 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:57 AM.

Top -