Home

recruiting system

This is a discussion on recruiting system within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-04-2004, 03:44 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
recruiting system

Usually just an anonymous viewer, but came up with an idea for a new recruiting system after reading some posts on this site and was hoping for some feedback.

while some systems here are based on regional limits or limits on who you are allowed to target, I decided to base my system on keeping the resulting class totals in check. I don't know how well this will work, but here is the outline of the system.

I tried to decide what a schools recruiting class should look like based on prestige. For instance a six star's program would look like 8-6-0-0-0 from 5* to 1* (eight *5, six *4 based on a 14 recruit class average) a one star program would be 0-1-2-5-6. These are somewhat arbitrary, but are my best estimate right now. I then tried to assign a point value to each recruit. I came up with *5=80, *4=40, *3=10, *2=3, *1=1. This wasn't really just to reflect their on the field value, but also the prestige associated with higher value recruits. Using these numbers I came up with a total amount of points for each level of program, and points can be spent any way you see fit. A one star program would have 81 points total, and could try to sign one *4, four *3 and one *1 or eight *3 stars and one *1. This allows flexibility to focus on numbers or quality. Programs with *6 could sign eleven blue chippers and no one else (possibly leaving holes) or recruit a lot of *4 to make up for many graduating seniors.

The breakdown for class sizes/quality ended up being:
*6 program= 880 points
*5 program= 740 points
*4 program= 600 points
*3 program= 386 points
*2 program= 173 points
*1 program= 81 points

A coach can recruit whomever they can fit into the game's recruiting budget, but can only actually sign (in this case meaning not cut) the recruits they can fit into this system.
My goal was to try to approximate the way colleges recruit, that is offering scholarships, but then perhaps having to pull an offer at the last minute if plans change (FSU fans Carl Grimes is a well known example)

This probably looks a little shaky, I might work on a spreadsheet to clarify it if anyone thinks the idea has merit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2004, 03:52 PM   #2
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: recruiting system

i like your idea but the idea implemented has seemed to have a lot of success, but you never know, you might submit it to ea for 2006, but i think you should use a spreadsheet to explain
Old 06-04-2004, 03:54 PM   #3
Rookie

I wanted to make sure that I meant this system as a supplement to the existing recruiting system, which tends to allow you to sign too many good players.

Thanks.
Old 06-04-2004, 03:59 PM   #4
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

sounds like a good idea because i know what you are talking about

you might sign 12 5 stars but only 12 5 stars where as it'd be better to sign 9 5 stars and 4 4 stars
Old 06-04-2004, 04:04 PM   #5
Rookie

There are some really good systems for this out there already on this board, check them out. They are all way more developed than mine is at this point, and people have been using them for a while. I think they really add to the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2004, 05:03 PM   #6
Rookie

I see where you are getting at and I think it is a good idea. At Utopia I am locke888, I have really tried to make the best system I could think of. But this is another good angle, something to think about. If recruiting is still easy as hell I will use part of this.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:47 PM   #7
Rookie

I need to register at utopia. If the recruiting is still easy, I will have to get on over there and join the discussion. I feel like with the new ability to change your program's priorities you may be able to limit your recruiting more easily.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:57 PM   #8
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

All of you guys systems sound good, although I have never tried them. What I do is basically what the real life teams do as far as recruiting. Take UNC for instance, they try to get as many in-state prospects as they can first. Next, UNC loves to recruit SC, Georgia,VA, and New Jersey. So, I recruit those states. They try a tap into Florida and Tennesse for one or two and will ocassionally hit up TX and other states for talent that might overshadowed by blue chippers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »