Home

starting a dynasty and need some help

This is a discussion on starting a dynasty and need some help within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
starting a dynasty and need some help

I'd say I am slightly above average when it comes to player skill. I want an enjoyable sim style dynasty and have never been able to successfully start one. My current idea for dynasty mode is to play with the Wyoming Cowboys. I think they are a cool team and would love to build them up. I did some research and their best coach of all time in my opinion was Lloyd Eaton. He built the program up to great heights and arguably destroyed it as well. I am going to be coaching as Lloyd Eaton Jr. the son of the legendary former coach. My alma mater will be Michigan as that was my fathers and the Michigan head coaching position is the only job I will ever take in the coaching carousel if offered the position. Like my father, I'd like to bring a power running game and stout run defense to the table. I looked at Wyoming's history and in 2010 their offensive scheme was the spread and their defensive scheme was 4-3/multiple. Their current coach believes in the power offense.

I'm pretty sure 4-3/multiple is a defensive playbook so I will use that one. What I need help with is selecting an offensive playbook. I don't have time to create one. I am thinking about using Wyoming's but I'm pretty sure they run a spread offense and while I want some spread, I also want some power. I'd like some suggestions on a potential playbook to use on offense.

Another thing I could use help with is selecting a roster and slider set. I feel like all of the ones I have tried out don't play realistic enough for my liking. Maybe I'm too picky but I like realistic, challenging, but not impossible games. Any and all input is much appreciated. Thanks fam.

Also implementing a scholarship rule where every offseason 1 player will be cut for academic failure. regardless of his overall rating it will be based on the lowest awareness rating. (pray for me)

I think I will use Buffeye Rosters because they are solid and he changes coach aggression and what not. I also decided to make coach progression slowest for most realistic results. I also have to take turns upgrading recruiting and the other tree not just recruiting.

Last edited by CowboyTAZ1965; 02-05-2015 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 06:32 PM   #2
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: starting a dynasty and need some help

Play book- look at the Alabama offense. They have a ton of one back, some pistol, and some gun formations.

Sliders- I would suggest trying JP's or the community sets. Then just make some personal tweaks of you own to fit your own skills.

Rosters- I have Buffeye's roster. On the community slider page 1 they have some rosters to fit their sliders with the default coaching sliders.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
MVP

cparrish's Arena

OVR: 20

I am using Wyoming for an OD with some friends right now with my BuffEye rosters and the communities sliders. Having a ton of fun and am 3-6 in my first year. I am using Wyoming's offensive playbook and a custom 4-2-5 defensive playbook.

Xbox 360: BuffEye Rosters
PS3: BuffEyeRosters
Old 02-05-2015, 06:41 PM   #4
Rookie

Playbook - If you like the spread, then look at Texas A&M's playbook. If you like pro-style, look at Alabama's. Florida State runs multiple so it has a blend of both. I'd recommend building your own playbook using elements from systems that you like.

Sliders - OS Community sliders have produced the best results for me so far.

Roster - Agree the Buffeye is the way to go right now. It won't be long before 2015-16 rosters are released if you're willing to wait for those.

There's a good thread about house rules if you'd like to implement some into your dynasty. I use a bunch of house rules to make things more realistic, as well as a pretty in-depth Excel spreadsheet to keep track of basically everything in my dynasties. I love it more when I know everything going on in my NCAA14 world, like who the Heisman favorites are and what upsets happened, much like in real life.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Play book- look at the Alabama offense. They have a ton of one back, some pistol, and some gun formations.

Sliders- I would suggest trying JP's or the community sets. Then just make some personal tweaks of you own to fit your own skills.

Rosters- I have Buffeye's roster. On the community slider page 1 they have some rosters to fit their sliders with the default coaching sliders.
Awesome suggestions. I won't be able to play for 2 days but once I can I'm gunna be playing probably 2 games a day or so. I'm definitely gunna look into alabamas playbook. Pretty sure they run a one back type game. I was also going to consider Michigan's playbook because I believe they run a multiple so they may have the formations I want to use.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-05-2015, 10:23 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyTAZ1965
Awesome suggestions. I won't be able to play for 2 days but once I can I'm gunna be playing probably 2 games a day or so. I'm definitely gunna look into alabamas playbook. Pretty sure they run a one back type game. I was also going to consider Michigan's playbook because I believe they run a multiple so they may have the formations I want to use.
If you're gonna take the time to play 2 games a day then you definitely have the time to create your own custom playbook and your own CPB is absolutely the best playbook for you.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 02-11-2015, 06:55 PM   #7
MVP

whughes's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
If you're gonna take the time to play 2 games a day then you definitely have the time to create your own custom playbook and your own CPB is absolutely the best playbook for you.
I second this completely. I spent just short of an hour building my playbook basically from scratch. Definitely worth it though. I'm still changing it every so often as I see new things I like or take out some of the things I have in there that don't work

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »