Home

Jt2000's build a 1* with 1* players challenge!

This is a discussion on Jt2000's build a 1* with 1* players challenge! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-14-2015, 03:53 PM   #17
MVP

whughes's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Jt2000's build a 1* with 1* players challenge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
Hey does anyone have an offense for this GSU team? I've been trying out all of the generic ones and I just tried out Air Force. It didn't work well...... Any help is appreciated!
Find a playbook you personally like and then build your team around it. In year one it may be harder to run say, a power run offense with a team like Oregon who runs the spread, but you can recruit in year one so that in year two you have guys that fit your system. And really with a team like Georgia State it's a clean slate, you're not going to be super good at anything

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 02-14-2015, 04:45 PM   #18
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
Find a playbook you personally like and then build your team around it. In year one it may be harder to run say, a power run offense with a team like Oregon who runs the spread, but you can recruit in year one so that in year two you have guys that fit your system. And really with a team like Georgia State it's a clean slate, you're not going to be super good at anything
Yeah, I'll probably switch it up since my only power back was injured and is out for the year. The other back has a lot more speed and I was actually going to start him anyway. I might go with Oregon's playbook but I don't have the offensive line to pull it off well. I have been eating clock with my drives lately, took 8:06 off in one drive in my last game.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:56 PM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Your team's prestige is solely influenced by your final ranking every season.

Of course your final ranking if greatly influenced by your win totals, but the previous poster's point is valid. If you play w/ sliders set that you win games you should win and lose games you should lose (IE. not sliders where you nearly beat super powers like Ohio), then your record will stay average at the very best (since your team will always be bad since you only have 1* talent).
Yeah, I couldn't do this. I can occasionally win a game I shouldn't (knock off a top 5 team with a mid-30's team) but not consistently enough to progress a 1* team to 6*.

I have done a bunch of rebuild dynasty's over the years with AA and HS sliders, and I have only twice (in hundreds of tries) knocked off a true 97+ OA team with a 1* team. Once #2 Alabama with 0-1 Eastern Michigan in NCAA 2011 (40-27 victory, man it was awesome), and #1 USC with unranked WKU in NCAA 2009. I can't remember that score.

If you guys can pull it off with "stick skills" thats amazing, I simply can't do it unless I run on easier AA sliders. Or Varsity. But that's just a joke lol
Old 02-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #20
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

So after my starting RB went down with a broken elbow, I switched my offense to Oregon and then it finally started to move. We won our last 4 regular season games and managed to finish second in the Sun Belt. We earned a bid to the GoDaddy.Com Bowl against #16 Ball State and their #1 Passing Offense. Neither team brought their defense to Mobile, Alabama. We managed to win a shootout because our defense stepped up in the red zone and we earned our first bowl win, 55-48.
Old 02-16-2015, 12:04 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2

Am definitely going to try this.

Last edited by bosch11; 02-16-2015 at 02:30 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Living the Dream

SugaRicky's Arena

Starting this today with Army. This is going to suck in the first few years. I hope I can stay above 0.500
Old 02-16-2015, 07:34 PM   #23
Rookie

First year progress: Started with Army, went 13-1 first season losing the NC to Ohio State. Upset #9 Stanford early in the season for great momentum and a quality win to get ranked. Very surprised. Heisman difficulty.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:40 PM   #24
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
First year progress: Started with Army, went 13-1 first season losing the NC to Ohio State. Upset #9 Stanford early in the season for great momentum and a quality win to get ranked. Very surprised. Heisman difficulty.

You need MUCH tougher sliders.......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »