Home

The most ridiculous CPU playcalling I've ever seen

This is a discussion on The most ridiculous CPU playcalling I've ever seen within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2015, 08:49 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The most ridiculous CPU playcalling I've ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art01
I have experienced similar late-game results when playing in Coach Mode against the CPU. I have also experienced somewhat opposite late-game results whereby the CPU suddenly becomes unstoppable while moving toward a winning score.
I've noticed this, too. On both sides of the ball, late in the game they get every stop on defense and then throw 50-yard bombs for TDs or to set up one. Rinse. Repeat. It doesn't happen all the time, but when it does, it's pretty annoying and predictable.
Old 03-05-2015, 08:52 AM   #10
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidgames
Doesn't pro difficulty have better play calling?
I've wondered this, too. I use All-American for my CPU vs. CPU sliders since Heisman has the bug where they always go for the 50+ yard goals (and missing) instead of punting or going for it on 4th.

I feel like the animations were too slow on Pro last time I tried it (especially for WRs), which is why I stuck with AA. I might have to give it another try though.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:22 PM   #11
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

The game has the following skill levels...

JV
Varsity
All-American
Heisman

"Pro" is a Madden setting.

In my own personal experience the skill levels in the NCAA series impact overall difficulty and play aggression. That is why on Heisman you see the CPU going for those long field goals. I am sure others will disagree but that is from my own experience of playing the series for more then a decade.

If I play on say Varsity level I notice a change in the CPU play calling aggression and the overall difficulty from what I see on Heisman. Levels like AA are very playable if you can edit the sliders enough to fit your skill level. That is if AA is easy for you to start with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 06:38 PM   #12
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411
Levels like AA are very playable if you can edit the sliders enough to fit your skill level. That is if AA is easy for you to start with.
Yep, and I'll add that you can also limit your recruiting. That's what I had to do when I ran out of slider room. It's worked great, and now it's an absolute treat for me to have a player on my roster that's rated in the 90's.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrew2411

JV
Varsity
All-American
Heisman

"Pro" is a Madden setting.

In my own personal experience the skill levels in the NCAA series impact overall difficulty and play aggression. That is why on Heisman you see the CPU going for those long field goals. I am sure others will disagree but that is from my own experience of playing the series for more then a decade.

If I play on say Varsity level I notice a change in the CPU play calling aggression and the overall difficulty from what I see on Heisman. Levels like AA are very playable if you can edit the sliders enough to fit your skill level. That is if AA is easy for you to start with.
For some reason, when he mentioned "Pro", I automatically thought of Varsity. Getting my Madden and NCAA rods and cones mixed up.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:52 PM   #14
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by zocrates
For some reason, when he mentioned "Pro", I automatically thought of Varsity. Getting my Madden and NCAA rods and cones mixed up.
You never want to get your rods and cones mixed up!
Old 03-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #15
Rookie

lad35533's Arena

After my coffin corner on the 1. It's the CPU's ball, 1st and 10 on their own 1. They go shotgun, slip screen to the running back.... And yup it's a safety.

Since then I have taken slip screens out of the CPU's playbook and it's been a more realistic. Especially since they do it at least three times a game. I also took out 4 verticals as well because I usually know what is coming on 3rd and long, so I get a pick with my MLB over the middle.

Anyway the dumb run out of the end zone on the slip screen drop for the QB, has happened three times against me on Heisman on NCAA 14
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #16
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

I just had that happen for the first time ever last night. Dude just straight-backpeddled for a safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lad35533
Anyway the dumb run out of the end zone on the slip screen drop for the QB, has happened three times against me on Heisman on NCAA 14
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »