Home

Team Specific Entrances

This is a discussion on Team Specific Entrances within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-08-2004, 01:14 PM   #17
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Team Specific Entrances

My bad, I misread his post. I thought he was saying he doesn't get tired of it in the game. He said he wouldn't get tired of seeing it if it were in. I agree, if I were playing at Neyland Stadium, whether I was home or away, I'd love to see the Vols run through the T. Or Ralphie leading Colorado onto the field, or Michigan touching the "Go Blue" banner, and the Seminole throwing the spear into the ground. You can't really capture the full atmosphere of college ball without some of the real specific entrances.
Old 06-08-2004, 02:09 PM   #18
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

ODogg said:
Quote:

willdtarheeler said:

I disagree. Create-a-sign may not seem as exciting but it will have longevity, you can always make new signs. New entrances would just be something you'd press a button and skip after the first couple of weeks. I'd rather have create-a-sign.

I think the signs would be cool for multiplayer, but not very long in a dynasty. However, I think authentic team entrances would definitely be what I'd choose if given the choice. Even if it was just 10 of them, I'd take that over making a sign.
Old 06-08-2004, 03:18 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 7

Unfortunately, they would never be able to put Cheif Osceola throwing the flaming spear routine into the game because of all the political correctness out there and how offensive this would be to Native Americans, but that would be hella awesome.
Old 06-08-2004, 04:46 PM   #20
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

willdtarheeler said:
Unfortunately, they would never be able to put Cheif Osceola throwing the flaming spear routine into the game because of all the political correctness out there and how offensive this would be to Native Americans, but that would be hella awesome.

I saw some screens of some fans dressed up doing the tomahawk chop, so that's a start at least.
Old 06-08-2004, 06:18 PM   #21
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

willdtarheeler said:

BS, it has nothing to do with political correctness. The Seminole Nation considers it an honor to have our mascot named after them. A native Seminole actually does the head dress and war paint for Chief Osceola before each home game. Not a reason in the world they could not put it in.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-08-2004, 09:20 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 7

Yeah, I think I remember one version of NCAA in the past where they had Chief Osceola in the intro video. Does anyone else remember this?

I'm the furthest thing from an FSU fan, but Osceola throwing that flaming spear into the field is probably my favorite pre-game ritual in all of college football.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:04 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

It's gotten to the point where people get so sensitive about these things they would like to pretend everyone is completely the same as everyone else. I don't see why any Seminole would be ashamed of or disgusted by the FSU and how they portray the whole Seminole experience. Why is it certain groups seem sensitive about this? You don't hear anyone complaining about the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

OMG I'M IRISH AND THEY GOT A LEPRECHAUN.....I CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE NOW. Seriously though, I am Irish/German and I just don't see what is wrong with honoring or celebrating some aspects of culture. Stereotyping is not good of course but the other extreme, pretending we're all the same, is just as bad and wrong. PC is so stupid.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:24 AM   #24
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:

ODogg said:
It's gotten to the point where people get so sensitive about these things they would like to pretend everyone is completely the same as everyone else. I don't see why any Seminole would be ashamed of or disgusted by the FSU and how they portray the whole Seminole experience. Why is it certain groups seem sensitive about this? You don't hear anyone complaining about the Notre Dame Fighting Irish.

OMG I'M IRISH AND THEY GOT A LEPRECHAUN.....I CAN'T LIVE ANYMORE NOW. Seriously though, I am Irish/German and I just don't see what is wrong with honoring or celebrating some aspects of culture. Stereotyping is not good of course but the other extreme, pretending we're all the same, is just as bad and wrong. PC is so stupid.

Okay, here's the deal. I'm a Seminole fan and I enjoy the ritual myself, but I also try to look at the other side. The feathers and paint that so many Native American mascots wear are actually religious symbols. Author Sherman Aleksie made this comparison: Imagine if a team had the Pope as a mascot and he ran up and down the sidelines throwing the holy sacrament into the audience. If you're not a Catholic, you'd think it was funny, but if you are a Catholic and take your religion seriously, you might say it's blasphemy. Just food for thought.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »