Home

Question re: huge points gains in recruiting

This is a discussion on Question re: huge points gains in recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2015, 12:06 AM   #9
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Question re: huge points gains in recruiting

Interesting insights, and I appreciate everyone's input. It is an indeed a perplexing occurrence. Although I'm not quite the student of the intricacies of recruiting like jello, I do plan on paying more attention on things like this in the future.

The good news is that I landed the recruit! (take that 'noles!) Right when FSU made their move, I happened to have the home game when he was visiting.

He is a receiver type athlete, because the game goals showed that I need for pass for 250 yards. So, I abandoned my usual run-first philosophy and took to the air against a feeble 1-5 FAU team. It's rare for me to get 250 passing yards in a game, but I made it a point to make every effort to meet that goal, and my starter ended up with 252 passing yards (team passing = 284). Must have been enough bonus points to push the other teams below the line.

Final standings:
UAB.......committed
FIU........-2260
FSU.......-3315
FAU.......-7675
MsSt......-10315

This guy will make a great addition to my 2* Blazer team. Great size for a WR at 6'3" 236, and 90 speed, but I'm thinking he might be a contributor in my backfield with 88 carry, but he's only got 80 acc, so probably won't be my starter.

jbrew, yes, he is from Florida. Even though I wanted to understand exactly how a team could jump up 4K points, I was not upset (easy to say that now that I have him), because I'm just a low prestige school barely on the uptick, and he got an offer from FSU. Couldn't have blamed him if he chose them, in this fictional telling.
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 03-09-2015, 08:34 AM   #10
Rookie

PDuncanOSU's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
This is what happens when a team drops a kid from their board. The most interest you can have w/o a scholly is 73-74%. Dropping him from your board removes the offer so you drop from 100% to 73% which means that team loses thousands of points.
Don't know if this is the case, just curious, but if a team can lose thousands of points by pulling the scholarship offer could they have gained 4000 points by offering a scholarship. Maybe FSU had this recruit on their board but hadn't offered the scholarship until this point?
Old 03-09-2015, 11:02 AM   #11
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDuncanOSU
Don't know if this is the case, just curious, but if a team can lose thousands of points by pulling the scholarship offer could they have gained 4000 points by offering a scholarship. Maybe FSU had this recruit on their board but hadn't offered the scholarship until this point?

You don't gain any points by offering a scholarship.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2015, 12:46 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
You don't gain any points by offering a scholarship.

that is not necessarily true, the top end HC recruiting perk has some wild effects. as far as the game is concerned, when it triggers it adds thousands of points and then does a check for insta commit
Old 03-10-2015, 10:21 AM   #13
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulletor
that is not necessarily true, the top end HC recruiting perk has some wild effects. as far as the game is concerned, when it triggers it adds thousands of points and then does a check for insta commit

Even with insta commit, you don't gain any points with an offer unless he signs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »