Home

Would you consider this cheese?

This is a discussion on Would you consider this cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-09-2004, 04:28 PM   #9
Pro

Dauminator's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Would you consider this cheese?

There's no reason for him to have kicked onsides at that point, so that's just dumb. BUT, if you are kicking onsides, kicking from a regular formation is the only way to get it. You cannot recover an onside kick from the onsides formations. At least I can't. I've only been successful doing it from regular formations.

So it's dumb that he did it when he did, but I don't think it's cheese.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:30 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Was it dmb a few yrs ago when Philly opened up the gme against Dallas with a onside kick and recovered the ball? If he did it a on then yeah, its cheese, but he did it once and the guy cried and turned off the ps2, thats even worse.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:37 PM   #11
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

Doing an onsides might have been a little cheesy on his part, but you're worse for turning off the game. That sounds like something a ten year-old would do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-09-2004, 04:40 PM   #12
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Was it dmb a few yrs ago when Philly opened up the gme against Dallas with a onside kick and recovered the ball? If he did it a on then yeah, its cheese, but he did it once and the guy cried and turned off the ps2, thats even worse.

Exactly. Unless it's something he does all the time, I think you're more at fault for turning the game off. There's no law saying you can only go for a onside kick when trailing in the 4th quarter. I remember seeing many instances in the last few years in real life of teams onside kicking early in the game to get the ball back.
Old 06-09-2004, 04:52 PM   #13
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15

Good rule of thumb for life: If you have to ask if what you did was wrong, it probably was.
Old 06-09-2004, 11:39 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:

macatak911 said:
Ok, my friend and I were playing Tennessee vs Nebraska last night....he scored late 2nd quarter...so hes up 14-7 now; he then proceeds to kick an onsides kick out of the regular kickoff formation. So I got pissed and turned the PS2 off. Now, I know this has happened before in football, but would you consider this cheesy along the ranks of going for it on 4th and a million, sudden cutbacks, and dropping back 20+ yards?

why the hell would u shut off the game? because youre losing??? thats cheap....i hate that crap play the damn game man
Old 06-10-2004, 09:23 AM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2

sudden cutbacks= cheesy? what the hell are you talking about. surprise onside is risky not cheesy. if you let the computer try to recover it you'll get about 95% of those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-10-2004, 11:49 AM   #16
Pro

Fierce2k4's Arena

OVR: 5

If he doesnt do it on a regualr bases then no it was not chesse, you just was caught off guard (good play on his behalf ) but you turning off the ps2 was bad and makes you seem like a sore loser

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »