Home

Is EA pulling the plug on NCAA 14?

This is a discussion on Is EA pulling the plug on NCAA 14? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2015, 02:08 PM   #33
Rookie

Mr. Face's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Is EA pulling the plug on NCAA 14?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
Thanks for the info, but if the above quote is true, why would the problem also be killing the Online Dynasty recruiting websites? I can access my OD online, but the recruiting tab just leads to a blank page. I get that a security issue could create the upload/saving error problems we're seeing on consoles, but it's less clear how that would kill the recruiting tab on an OD website.
You still have to contact their servers through the browser, they probably use servers from the same batch as the actual NCAA 14 servers so they could also be affected by the security beefing.
XLIX
LI
LIII
Old 04-17-2015, 03:42 PM   #34
Rookie

cletus42o's Arena

OVR: 0

It seems to be an issue only when POSTing data to their server. We can GET the data fine. The last tab on the web (recruiting/pos changes/etc) I believe never worked when you were also in the recruiting portion in-game, so I imagine it does some sort of POST to the server when accessing the tab to let the server know you're dealing with recruiting/etc on the web. That's probably step #1, it's failing, and we get a 500 Server Error response. (you can see that in Chrome/etc if you do Developer Tools and watch the Network tab)

Of course that last tab always had occasional issues. I would have to switch to another dynasty, access recruiting there, then go back to the original dynasty to find that the tab would now work. So who knows what kind of mess of code is behind it all. Looks like they built it on Angular.js, and now it's probably an extremely outdated version.

It fits with the security change thought, because POSTing to a server will always have to deal with more to prevent outside parties from sending junk / trying to hack / etc.

Theoretically addressing this issue shouldn't be a major ordeal, it's just a matter of EA being willing to put resources onto it. I've noticed things work every now and then - I wonder if they are simply restarting the servers every few days, things work for a bit until enough people have started pounding the servers, and then everything goes down again.

It'd be great if someone could figure out how to create an online dynasty server and let us update router settings to re-route traffic to EA's online dynasty to a custom server. Unlikely, though, so I hope EA will try to get this resolved for good (or at least for a while longer) soon.
Old 04-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #35
Rookie

yea it has been messing up for all of us too. and idk, im just passing the word along from the guys at ea.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2015, 01:10 PM   #36
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

So when I get the upload error message at the end of a OD game, if I just keep hitting "Retry" will it eventually push the save through, or is it useless? I "Retry"-ed for about 5 minutes straight last night with no luck and then I gave up. But I'd keep choosing "Retry" until it worked if I knew it was EVENTUALLY going to save my game--just not interested in doing that if I'm only wasting my time for nothing.

Has anybody been able to push saves through after receiving the upload error message?
Old 04-22-2015, 05:49 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 5

I don't believe so... Always do recruiting first, when you finish with that and back out and get the error message, don't play the game, you'll just be wasting an hour+ of your time...

Seems if you don't get the error after recruiting, you are good to go and should be able to have your game upload when finished.
Old 04-22-2015, 11:10 PM   #38
Rookie

Mr. Face's Arena

OVR: 9

When I went through support I was told to delete my XBL profile and redownload it, that solved the problem.
XLIX
LI
LIII
Old 04-23-2015, 09:15 AM   #39
Rookie

thats just a temporary fix. My dynasty did that as well and it worked for some for a brief time, and just didnt do anything for others. It seems to just be a hit and miss or a certain time of the day with my guys. It was mentioned above, but I always do recruiting or try to make a change in my depth chart before every game and if it works, it seems you have a window to play your game and it will save/upload.
Old 04-23-2015, 12:17 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 2

Making changes in your depth chart will also let you know if your connection is working, since it uploads those to the servers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »