Home

What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005

This is a discussion on What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-13-2004, 02:10 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: What will be the most competive conference to play in on NCAA 2005

I will say the SEC just looking at Georgias schedule this year. LSU, Florida, Tennessee, Auburn, etc.
Old 06-13-2004, 02:24 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

The ACC looks pretty tough...

They went 4-1 on bowl games last year, including Clemson beating down Tennessee in the Peach Bowl and Maryland DESTORYING West Virginia in the Gator Bowl. Add Miami and VT to the conference (Miami was the only ACC bowl opponent that won its bowl game). Wake Forest is capable of beating most teams (witness their wins over BC and NCSU last year, and their bowl win over Oregon two years ago), and I wouldn't sleep on Duke with Ted Roof or UNC (who lost in triple OT to Syracuse and lost on the last play of the game to Arizona State).
Old 06-13-2004, 02:29 PM   #19
Pro

ronin21's Arena

OVR: 6

the sec and acc are by far the deepest conf. everybody else (big 10, big 12, pac 10) are just a bunch of top heavy sissies! Yeah I said it sissies!!!! now what huh
Old 06-13-2004, 03:21 PM   #20
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

The Pac 10 is only top heavy with USC and even they are vulnerable to being beat in the Pac 10. Every other team in the Pac 10 is capable of beating one another even Standford and Arizona. You won't find that in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, or ACC. Duke can't beat FSU, Indiana can't beat Michigan, Vanderbilt can't beat Tennessee, Baylor can't beat Texas.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:25 PM   #21
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:

ADW said:
The Pac 10 is only top heavy with USC and even they are vulnerable to being beat in the Pac 10. Every other team in the Pac 10 is capable of beating one another even Standford and Arizona. You won't find that in the SEC, Big 10, Big 12, or ACC. Duke can't beat FSU, Indiana can't beat Michigan, Vanderbilt can't beat Tennessee, Baylor can't beat Texas.

I tend to agree. Although don't forget about Cal this year. They are better than most think, and probably have the best QB in the nation no one has heard of. That being said, the Pac 10 is better than most people think. Ask Big 10 Champs Michigan (2 out of their 3 losses were to Pac 10 teams). Hell ask Texas, they lost to a WSU team that got absoulutely manhandled by USC.

Texas was typical of most Big 12 teams last year. Play a ton of nobodies in non conference play (Tulane, Rice, New Mexico St, and Arknasas) and actually losing to a 9-4 Arkansas. And then laying a complete egg in the post season.

Was a common theme in the Big 12 last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-13-2004, 03:34 PM   #22
Stayin Alive

GAMEC0CK2002's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:

studman said:
Miami
FSU
UVA
VT
Maryland
NC St
GT
Clemson

(all can play and beat anyteam in the country)

then u got Wake Forrest who could be up there

only slouches in this conferences are UNC and Duke

that's 8 teams deep, not 4 like the Big Ten (Wisonsin, Michigan, OSU, i'll throw Purdue in there) or 5 like the Big XII (Texas, OU, Neb, Mizzou, K-State) or 5 like the SEC (UT, UF, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama) the ACC is 8 deep... i probably left a team off those conferences, those are the good teams off the top of my head.

The ACC will be one of the Top 3 conferences, but I gotta call you out them being 8 deep. I'll give you FSU, Miami, VT (even though VT fades away every year late in the season) and Clemson (Whitehurst is the real deal).

But GT isn't there yet (Reggie Ball at QB still has some growing up to do and having Miami and VT in the mix won't help). UVA loss the 2003 ACC player of the year at QB(heck, my Gamecocks beat them when he was injured and not playing). NC State is without Rivers at QB. And I don't know much about MD to make a comment on.

ACC being 4, maybe 5 deep? yes. 8 deep? nah playa. I don't know of any conference that is much deeper than 4-5 teams.

Maybe I'm biased but after you toss out the top 4 teams from the ACC and SEC, I'd take the middle tier SEC teams over the middle tier ACC teams. Not by much though, they are pretty even.
Old 06-13-2004, 03:38 PM   #23
MVP

unc12003's Arena

OVR: 9

of course the ACC, look at the teams in this conference

FSU, Miami and UNC, how could any other conference top this
Old 06-13-2004, 03:44 PM   #24
Banned

Programmed2Kill's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:

unc12003 said:

FSU, Miami and UNC, how could any other conference top this

**Plays the fanfare on trumpet**

dun dun dun DUN dun DUUUUUUNNNNNNN.....HOMERRRRRRR POWERRRRRRRRRRR!!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »