Home

Who thinks this game is gonna rule?

This is a discussion on Who thinks this game is gonna rule? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-14-2004, 08:05 PM   #9
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Who thinks this game is gonna rule?

Quote:

ycbs said:
Quote:

GTheorenHobbes said:
I wish I could understand why some of you guys love this game so much. Maybe it's because I'm more of an NFL guy....but I just don't get it. Oh well, with how popular it is, I guess there's no chance that a developer other than Tiburon will be making NCAA for EA anytime soon. I'm glad that you guys like the game so well, but I don't think it will "rule" at all..at least not based on the pre-release info/vids I've seen.

You know, I wish I could understand why so many people love games like EverQuest and The Sims so much. I'd rather eat dirt than play those types of games (and I'm not kidding about that, either).

I can't agree anymore. I dont see at all the big thing behind the RPG's. The FPS's I get more, like Halo and Unreal, but the RPG's just dont do anything for me.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:47 PM   #10
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

i've recently got into NCAA football. probably the 2003 version got me hooked. last years game was by far one of the best ever.

the only reason i bought Madden last year was to import rosters really, and create my own stadium, which turned out to suck. i love what i'm hearing about NCAA this year. probably will be one of the only games i buy this summer/fall.

the only games that i'll play that aren't related to sports are Medal of Honor and Grand Theft Auto. i'll do racing games but not many.

my top 3 games i want are: NCAA 2005, Gran Turismo 4, and Grand Theft Auto: San Andres. i can't stand games that are fake and aren't true. i mean GTA:SA isn't real but it is like real life in a way.
Old 06-14-2004, 10:49 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 7

I really enjoyed last years version. It gave you more variety of teams to play as unlike Pro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-14-2004, 11:56 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

I wish I could understand why some of you guys love this game so much. Maybe it's because I'm more of an NFL guy...

Im way more into the nfl but ncaa has been my favorite game, 2 or 3 yrs running, although it barley edge ESPN out last yr.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:14 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

i believe this game will rule also.from the videos i've seen of madden and espn, this game is gonna be hard to beat.those two may look better and have a bigger budget, but this game just has that certain something that makes you wanna play it all day everyday and never get bored.
Old 06-15-2004, 12:14 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1

I too have gotten to the point where only sports games with great dynasty modes (ie. NCAA) can really hold my interest. A great text-based sports game like OOTP or FOF does it too.

Halo 2 WILL hold my interest simply for the multi-player battles with my friends, but I could never go for more than a week at single player without getting bored.

I'm a bit scared to try some massive RPG like Everquest2, though, because I don't think I can afford to be addicted to that like many are.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #15
Imperator

Anaxamander's Arena

OVR: 19

When I was a kid I was nuts about RPGs. The Dragon Warrior & Final Fantasy series were like heaven to me. Then I went through a phase in my teens where I played nothing but fighting games (i.e., Street Fighter, King of Fighters). Now that I'm older I've gotten more into sports games, especially college games like NCAA Football and ESPN College Hoops. I still play Street Fighter online every now and then, but I just don't have enough hours in the day to get deep into some of these MMORPGs, although it's an awesome concept that I could only dream about when I was a kid.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 10:49 AM   #16
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

Anaxamander said:
When I was a kid I was nuts about RPGs. The Dragon Warrior & Final Fantasy series were like heaven to me. Then I went through a phase in my teens where I played nothing but fighting games (i.e., Street Fighter, King of Fighters). Now that I'm older I've gotten more into sports games, especially college games like NCAA Football and ESPN College Hoops. I still play Street Fighter online every now and then, but I just don't have enough hours in the day to get deep into some of these MMORPGs, although it's an awesome concept that I could only dream about when I was a kid.

and really that is just a natural life cycle. Think about it, as a child you had a huge imagination(sp) and you could get fully wrapped up in those RPG's actually thinking you were in the game world. As you grew older you wanted to be rebel so you started showing those skills in fighting games. Now you have gotten older and want a true life experience that is fun and you can revisit whenever you want i.e. sport games.... hmm maybe I looked too much into that post but that is how I feel.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »