Home

How do you determine your starting kick and punt returner?

This is a discussion on How do you determine your starting kick and punt returner? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: How do you determine your starting kick and punt returner?

My best accel/agility player that isn't a top 2 WR or #1 RB. I've probably only had one defensive player do it but I wouldn't mind if he were a starter. It's almost always a WR.

I did break this rule a couple times when I had a run heavy offense and a really good WR that I wanted to get a few more touches than he normally would in my offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-16-2015, 06:01 PM   #26

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by whughes
What I've been doing is I'll wait till week 6 or 7 when I've got a good lead on the guys I really want. Then I'll go and sort recruits by their 40 times (pure speed) and go after the fastest guy who has around 20% or less lock. They're usually 1-2* guys with no skills other than speed.

I actually had one of these guys who is now my #3 receiver in his senior year. Came in at a 62ovr, he's a 74 now as a senior. He came in as a 2* recruit
I do the same thing...You can usually find several good 1 and 2 star fast guys, especially at LB. I like to use those guys for special teams. It's a good way to fill out your roster and have niche', "Rudy" type guys to run down on kick and punt coverage.

For kick and punt return, I usually just look at speed and if the game has him with a decent enough overall. I have tended to stay with RBs and WRs, but I am considering putting one of my young corners back there next season in my Tulane dynasty.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:07 PM   #27
Rookie

Duff2's Arena

OVR: 0

It all depends on the ratings for me. If my starting tailback has good return, I will use him there to help him get award consideration. The extra yards and possible touchdowns could put him over the top for the Heisman.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:16 PM   #28
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

my criteria are:

#1) Speed
#2) Acceleration
#3) Preferably not a starter

I don't care too much for breaking tackles. If I score on a return, its usually going untouched, so break tackle rating doesn't have a big impact.

I usually recruit a running back based on speed, so its usually my #2 back. I don't want my offensive starters getting gassed on a return. On top of that, my base formation is 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 RB, so I usually try to avoid using my receivers in general on returns.
Old 12-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #29
It Appears I Blue Myself

CBoller1331's Arena

I primarily look at speed, but i also make sure they have a decent KR rating. I also kind of use an "eye test" if you wanna call it that, and pick a guy who by the type of player he is seems comfortable returning kicks. In my dynasty right now i have a really explosive big play guy that is to small to be a starting "feature" RB (his original position) so i switched him to a WR so he could get some time in the slot, while also getting a few carries. He was basically an offensive weapon like DeAnthony Thomas was for Oregon. And given that he was so versatile and an explosive playmaker, he seemed like and obvious choice for both KR and PR. It worked out very well as he returned two punts for TD's and was the 1st Team All American returner

Thanks Peyton. #18

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »