Home

Does anyone know if draft classes will be better?

This is a discussion on Does anyone know if draft classes will be better? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-15-2004, 02:41 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Does anyone know if draft classes will be better?

i hated it last year when everyone in the exported draft would be very good. So has anyone heard if they made it better?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 10:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Does anyone know if draft classes will be better?

Don't know, haven't heard anything yet, but if it is like last year, I won't be exporting this year as well.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:51 AM   #3
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

I think this post might be better suited for the Madden forums, but look at it this way. Isn't the talent level rising with each class that joins the NFL? It would only seem logical to have high ratings for the rookies so you can actually get them on the field within the first 5 years of your franchise.
Old 06-15-2004, 11:00 AM   #4
Rookie

Quote:

Superstar said:
I think this post might be better suited for the Madden forums, but look at it this way. Isn't the talent level rising with each class that joins the NFL? It would only seem logical to have high ratings for the rookies so you can actually get them on the field within the first 5 years of your franchise.

Well, the problem with that is each class has a few players coming in at 90+, with the majority of players being high 70s to upper 80s. After a couple of seasons of importing, every team in Madden is rated a 99 overall.

And yes, I think this post is better suited for the Madden forum.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:05 PM   #5
MVP

Meatloaf86's Arena

OVR: 11

the thing i'm wondering about is are they going to put more players out there to draft. in a draft you will never run out of QBs or RBs. kickers/punters maybe but never QBs. towards the end of the draft teams start taking QBs from lower rated schools.

i want to have a greater selection of players. if my team is good at QB and i just need to get a guy that will replace a player that is leaving next year i don't want to draft a Eli or Rivers in the 1st round if i'm not going to need him. i'll take a guy like Sorgi or Harris in the 6th-7th round gladly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-15-2004, 06:15 PM   #6
Pro

OVR: 6

I remember reading somewhere (can't remember) that the limited draft classes was a memory problem, so it's doubtful they'll be any better.
Old 06-15-2004, 07:17 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 11

You read right. That EA guy said in an interview,( I read here at the almighty OS) that it is a memory issue. It was that Jerry Stauser guy.
Old 06-15-2004, 09:23 PM   #8
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

I dont buy his memory issue one bit. They have 117 teams with 55 players in NCAA up until this year. Then you have to have a recruiting pool to recruit from. So if you can do it in NCAA why the heck cant you bring in an additional 100 players in the imported draft class. That would give 3 more rounds of players. If they dont want to do it that way then you can have imported players mixed in with generated players. They are full of caca by saying its a memory problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »