Home

Stuck in mud/slow receiver glitch

This is a discussion on Stuck in mud/slow receiver glitch within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 05-30-2015, 08:06 AM   #9
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: Stuck in mud/slow receiver glitch

On normal, my receivers continue in stride and I've had a few longer pass plays. I have not noticed an increase in my completion percentage though.
Old 06-07-2015, 02:02 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

I play on normal speed and Heisman difficulty and i pretty much always have. But i have the same problem on normal speed to. A lot of times when my WR catches the ball he kinda lags and runs really slow. I did notice when i tapped R1 before i took off running that a lot of times this seemed to help my guy take off faster. Have done this same thing now for awhile and it seems to help with your players taking off slow.
Old 06-17-2015, 12:33 AM   #11
MVP

Miles Perry's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
Last season I moved from "slow" to "normal" gamespeed, as I was finally tired of the mud/hesitation glitch on not only WR's right after a catch, but also the HB toss plays. After making the transition though, I noticed an interesting change- I have observed that the CPU's pass completion percentage has increased dramatically.

Last 11 games with gamespeed on "normal":
CPU pass completion = 80% (224/280)
CPU pass ypg = 259 yards/gm
CPU pass attempts per game = 25.5

Previous 20 games with gamespeed on "slow":
CPU pass completion = 63% (319/503)
CPU pass ypg = 168 yards/gm
CPU pass attempts per game = 25.2

After 32 years of dynasty games on "slow", it only took me a few games to notice that the CPU was clicking much more efficiently in their passing game, and they are doing it consistently each and every game. The pass attempts per game has not changed, the CPU simply improved on connecting to the receivers.

Although the last 11 games is not a huge sample size for comparison (it does span across the final 5 games of last season and the first 6 games of my current season), I'm confident in my analysis because the change has occurred versus all quality of opponents and the gamespeed has be the only change I have made. I also averaged the overall rating of my starting 5 db's (top 3 CB's, and 2 starting safeties) and they were virtually identical in all games compared (76.9 ovr average for last 11 games and 77.0 average for previous 20 games).

Anyway, this is not a complaint. In fact I always felt my pass ypg yielded was too good. I had been doing well just recruiting mediocre DB talent, but now I will have to place a higher emphasis on recruiting better quality DB's.
Turn down CPU WR Catching a little bit.. A drop or 2 per game will actually make the CPU QB make a few bad throws and bring that completion percentage down.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »