Home

NCAA 2016 on ps2

This is a discussion on NCAA 2016 on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2016, 03:03 PM   #41
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NCAA 2016 on ps2

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantkovich
This is awesome news. I bought a copy of NCAA 06 a while back that has been sitting waiting to try this out on PS2. I'll look forward to hear as well and though I don't have any experience in this, I work in IT so if there's any way for me to help out please let me know.

I don't own a PS2, so I can't tell you the exact methods to do it, but I believe you need to create a Roster save file on your PS2 and transfer it to a computer using ActionReplay or something else. Then you need to extract the unencrypted data file from that save and edit it in a program called Madden DB Editor.

The first steps, Im unclear about but the last steps I'm sure about since I did that with the community roster here.

After that you basically take a csv file that I'm working on and import/replace the contents in your current PS2 save file, and then inject that back into the encrypted save and go back to your PS2, in theory.

I'm still working on a few minor fixes for the roster. Player models are all the same and I'm trying to determine how to change it, and player skin tones are different for each body part but I got everything down now except for legs.

PM me if you want to try out my current test database. It may not be an exact 1:1 , PSP to PS2 but I'm assuming it'll work. There's also a few fields from the PS3 version that I haven't edited either related to accessories - there's way more textures/accessories on the PS3 game vs the PSP/PS2 version but it hasnt crashed the game yet.

Here's where I've been working/showing some demo vids: NCAA PSP

Last edited by antdroid; 01-23-2016 at 03:05 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 05:43 PM   #42
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

If someone has an action replay max and wants to test this out, please do. I don't have a PS2 anymore, so I cant try it out besides using an emulator and it seems to work. Not sure how the player textures turned out though. The emulator runs like crap on my Macbook so I gave up.

This is a direct port of the PSP rosters I just released which is ported from PS3 -- (i.e. I didn't change any attributes from my PSP roster over to PS2, so I'm not sure every texture/accessory show up right)

PS3 -> PSP -> PS2.

More info: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...y-rosters.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip NCAA06-PS2-2015-test.zip (346.2 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by antdroid; 01-24-2016 at 05:48 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:03 PM   #43
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

I gave it a shot and its working. Didn't go too deeply into things but I did notice that player names were in all caps.

Last edited by LuckySeven; 01-24-2016 at 06:18 PM.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:25 PM   #44
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
I gave it a shot and its working. Didn't go too deeply into things but I did notice that player names were in all caps.
Cool! Ya. PSP only has caps -- Do PS2 player names use a combo of caps and no-caps? Fixing that shouldn't be too hard in the future.
Old 01-24-2016, 06:57 PM   #45
Rookie

LuckySeven's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
Cool! Ya. PSP only has caps -- Do PS2 player names use a combo of caps and no-caps? Fixing that shouldn't be too hard in the future.
Yeah just the standard stuff, caps for the first letter of first and last names. So like "John Doe" instead of "JOHN DOE".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2016, 07:47 PM   #46
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySeven
Yeah just the standard stuff, caps for the first letter of first and last names. So like "John Doe" instead of "JOHN DOE".
My 2nd test resulted in all lower-case lol.

My head hurts right now. I need to figure out how to do a hlookup( with case-sensitivity on.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(HLOOKUP(C$1,Names!$D$1:$Z$8273,RO W(),FALSE),NameConvert!$B$2:$C$59,2,FALSE),0)

I'll try again later. Panthers game is distracting.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #47
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
NCAA 2016 on ps2

Quote:
Originally Posted by minotauri
My 2nd test resulted in all lower-case lol.

My head hurts right now. I need to figure out how to do a hlookup( with case-sensitivity on.

=IFERROR(VLOOKUP(HLOOKUP(C$1,Names!$D$1:$Z$8273,RO W(),FALSE),NameConvert!$B$2:$C$59,2,FALSE),0)

I'll try again later. Panthers game is distracting.

If I can get my emulator to work properly, I would test these. I'm also pretty good with excel and would love to test out that formula too.

If I had s PS3 and PSP, I would try that method as well.

These rosters are for 06 right? If so, once someone confirmed the rosters were correct, I would but the other two and save the rosters and share them.

In the end, the emulator is the way to go, if it works well on the PC due to all the editing abilities.

A friend of mine who is savvy with the emulator and editing told me that I can edit plays. If that's the case, then one day I can fix all the plays that don't work and add in new and updated concepts.

Then we can really call it NCAA 16. Just imagine updated rosters, uniforms, and playbooks but with the 06 foundation to work off of!

Oh the possibilities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by volwalker; 01-25-2016 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-25-2016, 12:23 PM   #48
PS2/PSP Modding

antdroid's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
If I can get my emulator to work properly, I would test these. I'm also pretty good with excel and would love to test out that formula too.

If I had s PS3 and PSP, I would try that method as well.

These rosters are for 06 right? If so, once someone confirmed the rosters were correct, I would but the other two and save the rosters and share them.

In the end, the emulator is the way to go, if it works well on the PC due to all the editing abilities.

A friend of mine who is savvy with the emulator and editing told me that I can edit plays. If that's the case, then one day I can fix all the plays that don't work and add in new and updated concepts.

Then we can really call it NCAA 16. Just imagine updated rosters, uniforms, and playbooks but with the 06 foundation to work off of!

Oh the possibilities!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have several people who have tested the PSP version, including myself, and know it works well. LuckySeven did test this PS2 test and it works too except the names are all caps (because that's how PSP handles things). I also confirmed the rosters work and are updated in emulator but running the emulator in a virtualbox on my macbook is really slow to do extensive testing on.

My main issue right now is to change my excel formula to do a lookup function and distinguish case-sensivity. I think something within the lines of MATCH( and INDEX( functions (through google) will work but I have to try it out since I've never used those functions before.

There's a way to edit playbooks. The file formats are similar to Madden PC so some of the tools may work. There's also some template databases that contain the playbooks, but I haven't gotten too deep into looking at those yet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »