Home

NCAA 2016 on ps2

This is a discussion on NCAA 2016 on ps2 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2015, 12:18 AM   #1
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13
NCAA 2016 on ps2

I'm working on a Current roster for NCAA 09 on ps2. I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in hex editing the roster once I'm finished, or would be willing to experiment while I'm editing. I have no clue how to hex edit a roster. I'm not very tech savvy whatsoever, but I have a decent amount of roster editing experience. I worked on the Buffeye 360 roster with Cparrish for a while, but I just miss the old gameplay. So I'm on a mission to create the most complete NCAA football experience on ps2. Talking to a small crowd I know. I've chosen 09 for a few reasons. 07/08 had momentum and pursuit issues, and 10/11 are difficult to find and also had a few bugs and gameplay issues. Overall I feel 09 is a deeper game than 06 despite the fact 06 is great for many reasons. I'm open to switching to 06 if certain mods could be done. I think 06 had an 11 game schedule, no in season recruiting and lacked a few other dynasty features that 09 has.

Duplicate jersey numbers, preseason rankings, prestige updates would be the big ones I'm looking to have done. If anyone has experience hex editing or wants to do some testing to try to make this happen please let me know. I'm pretty passionate about college football, and I'm very excited about the possibility of a great current 2015 roster for old gen gameplay for those who miss it.

Last edited by Gap Integrity; 04-25-2015 at 09:56 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2015, 03:54 PM   #2
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NCAA 2016 on ps2

06 has in-season recruiting, first game in which it was implemented. I would love to help but I too am not very savvy when it comes to editing. I was working on a similar project on 06 with another guy on here who knows how to do some of this stuff but time isn't on either of our side. I agree that 09 is as close to 06 than any other. I stopped playing 09 because t sill ad the "jump the snap" feature which I hate and is unrealistic.

Also, you can private message me If you need any help with anything. I would do anything to make 06 even better. My heart will always be with 06 though.

I would love to do updated 2016 rosters for 06 but I assume that it would be a massive undertaking. I was going to do it the long way and manual edit everyone but it would have took me forever.

Good luck in your pursuit.

Last edited by volwalker; 04-28-2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-28-2015, 10:29 PM   #3
Pro

Gap Integrity's Arena

OVR: 13

My heart is also in 06. Certainly my favorite NCAA football game. I would really love to do this project on 06, but the limitations in editing would make it more difficult to create a 2015 roster. I know on 06 there are locked editing features like eligibility, home state/towns. I know there are also very limited duplicate jersey numbers as well. That's probably the biggest issue and need that I have for hex editing. So many duplicate numbers these days, and back in 06 there just weren't as many.

If I knew that player eligibility, and duplicate jersey numbers could be corrected I would def condsider switching this project to 06. That's really what I'm looking for is someone with the ability and interest in doing this once I finish. I truly think this would be a sweet gaming experience once finished especially with the very detailed historic roster I have nearly complete.

If I can get someone willing to start experimenting with hex editing 06, I'll gladly make the switch. Thanks for responding, I was beginning to wonder if there was anyone else who had considered this.

Jump the snap does kind of suck, I loved 06 because I felt like anything could happen in those games.
Old 04-29-2015, 08:00 AM   #4
Pro

volwalker's Arena

One day I will start a blog that is nothing but 06. I love talking about that game more than anything else. I feel that I have a lot to offer in terms of knowledge with schemes and dynasty related stuff. Depending on how hard my next school term is I might just go ahead and start it.

I need to know how to take screenshots of gameplay so I can transfer it to my pc but I do not know how. If you know how to do this let me know. Thanks
Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM   #5
Just started!

OVR: 0

Jump the snap does kind of suck, I loved 06 because I felt like anything could happen in those games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2015, 10:07 AM   #6
Pro

volwalker's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by huokaive
Jump the snap has been toned down a little from its introduction in 07 up to 09 but it is still wonky. It happens on half the plays and an offensive lineman gets pancaked every time which never happens in real life.

I would play 07 more but the new features such as jump the snap and the new special teams camera completely sucks.

06 will always be the peak of excellence for that franchise. I know 04 gets quite a bit of praise but that's because it was the first game to introduce online play. 04 did have solid gameplay though. I had to quit playing it because I am a dynasty guy and there are no rotating conference schedules in it which bummed me out.

Last edited by volwalker; 04-29-2015 at 10:12 AM.
Old 05-03-2015, 11:06 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 1

I played 07 a TON although 04 and 06 were the absolute finest versions. Good old classic glass-smooth gameplay - far superior to NCAA 14, which was a decent game but still features many of the same odd issues that ALL of EA's PS3/XBOX360 football games have.

Also, its awesome to have 1AA teams available too...I think Oregon State in '04 had Steven Jackson (#34) at tailback. Dude was an absolute tank in that game.
Old 05-07-2015, 06:45 PM   #8
Rookie

Danbo80's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm still playing 08' on ps2. Like you guys said, Jump the snap blows. Damn near ruined the game for me. Other issues I have with 08' are Momentum and game speed(too fast). Are these problems on 06' or 09'.

One thing I love about 08' and i'm sure 09' is the same, is the spread offense, and all the new option plays they added(some are cheese). It would be hard to replicate those in 06'.

Last edited by Danbo80; 05-07-2015 at 06:48 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »