Home

Video of full game at ign...

This is a discussion on Video of full game at ign... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 11:34 PM   #65
Pro

miamicanes11's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Video of full game at ign...

He does have a point though. Football is a very fast game and it appears to be a lot slower in these vids. I for one would rather them not slow the game down to make it easier to see the holes created by the blockers. It is more satisfying if you hit the right hole at a realistic speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 03:06 AM   #66
H*p H*p 4 H*rs*m*n

BigTigLSU's Arena

OVR: 34

Omly thing I did not like was the QB accusracy while on the run and the lack of a pass rush or a formation of a pocket. Its still drop back and run and round all game. Running game look good but the QB threw off his back foot on the first play of the game and did it again later in the first quarter no offense but Chris Rix couldn't do that in his sleep.
Old 06-17-2004, 05:31 AM   #67
MVP

OVR: 7

Chalk me up as another who thinks the game looks just a tad slow. It looks very Madden-ish now. Maybe when playing it will feel like normal NCAA that we all love. Everything else looked pretty much like everyother year (hey, if it aint broke).
Old 06-17-2004, 06:14 AM   #68
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:

silver540i said:
Chalk me up as another who thinks the game looks just a tad slow. It looks very Madden-ish now. Maybe when playing it will feel like normal NCAA that we all love. Everything else looked pretty much like everyother year (hey, if it aint broke).

For some reason I am not that excited about this game and less so since watching the videos. I've been a fan of the series since NCAA 99 but the slowdown is a serious step back for me.
Old 06-17-2004, 06:45 AM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 5

Have to say just watching the game i enjoyed it quite a bit. I dont have a problem with the speed of the game. Really appears to be more life-like as the game goes through its paces. The running game is tight to me. The way blocking sets up. RBs breaking tackles looks spot on. Also a big PLUS for the RBs picking up their blocks.

Passing game, again looks very tight. Like how the receivers and DBs would go up for the ball and make clutch plays. This really is looking like a very polished game. Even as good as last years game was, this years appears to be even better.
Yes i'm excited!
Old 06-17-2004, 09:02 AM   #70
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

They didn't even show the matchup stick or player composure that much? Are they even aware of these features?

1. When I first ran the vids I did notice the 'slowdown' or more accurately the slower games speed for the first time. THen after a few plays I completely adjusted and it seemed fine to me, acutally a little easier to control your runner and read the defense on pass plays, I like it.

2. Multiple replay angles on big plays was very cool.

3. Ligthing much improved, HOWEVER it didn't seem as though the sun was moving during the game?

4. It seemed like they only added about 10% new commentary. C'Mon EA you need to do better than that!

5. Brock Berlin STILL sucks!

6. Staduim atmosphere is REAL nice, and even the cut scenes of the fans which I thought look stupid in screenshots were well done.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:04 AM   #71
I'm Ron F'n Swanson!

fishepa's Arena

OVR: 44

Did anyone else notice that the helmets were just a little too shiny as compared to the uniforms?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 09:25 AM   #72
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

I think that's how they should be actually.

I just wanna say after watching all of videos, the game sucked me right back in. After I stopped looking for things and just watched them it was very cool. Can't wait!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »