Home

Diving over top?

This is a discussion on Diving over top? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Diving over top?

I wonder if they will make it like in ESPN 2004 where you can dive over the top of the pile on the goal line. I hate the regular dive that EA has used in the past. It would be nice to be able to leap up high in the air on the goal line.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-16-2004, 10:01 PM   #2
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Diving over top?

Yeah, I don't see where that would be so hard... they already added the dive for the pylon & the animation would be similar.
Old 06-16-2004, 10:05 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

I doubt they've added it since we've been asking for it for years now. I do get sick of that lame half assed dive.
Old 06-17-2004, 09:47 AM   #4
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

For real, they could also have a counter animation where the LB or Safety comes over the pile to stop the runner who's diving. I hate seeing holes break open on the goal line.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:18 AM   #5
Rookie

buckeye726's Arena

OVR: 2

the dive over the pile is actually in the game, but its the hardest thing to do... I have seen it happen 2 times and what i realized is that when I pressed the dive button there was a player on the ground in front of me. So if my OL pancakes a dude and Im running at him instead of jumping over him if you hit the dive button the RB will go up and over the guy on the ground... I never scored a TD this way because th D was on top of me as soon as this happened, but it was pretty sweet. So its in there but it's just a once in a bluemoon type of animation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-17-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 1

The problem is that what you really want to see is a leap over the goaline not a dive. The dive animation is right as it stands, when a player dive normally he's getting close to the ground to gain extra yardage. A leap on the other hand is a player going up into the air to clear an obstacle. We've seen RBs leap over lineman that were almost standing upright, and we've also seen RBs dive through a small hole in the line to evade a tackle. EA should just have the hurdle function turn into a leap in goaline situations. Its simple really, if they can do an animation or two for pylon dives/leaps they can do a few goaliine leap animations.
Old 06-17-2004, 11:49 AM   #7
Where have I been?

Lintyfresh85's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:

buckeye726 said:
the dive over the pile is actually in the game, but its the hardest thing to do... I have seen it happen 2 times and what i realized is that when I pressed the dive button there was a player on the ground in front of me. So if my OL pancakes a dude and Im running at him instead of jumping over him if you hit the dive button the RB will go up and over the guy on the ground... I never scored a TD this way because th D was on top of me as soon as this happened, but it was pretty sweet. So its in there but it's just a once in a bluemoon type of animation.

Same happened to me, its only happened twice ever to me and I have logged over 2 full weeks game time playing NCAA 2004. The back does a little flip looking thing and it doesn't really work in scoring TD's because usually the D stops you the second the animation starts. But yes it is in there just it rarely ever happens.
Old 06-17-2004, 03:27 PM   #8
Pac12fan

ochoco's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:

Superstar said:
Quote:

buckeye726 said:

Same happened to me, its only happened twice ever to me and I have logged over 2 full weeks game time playing NCAA 2004. The back does a little flip looking thing and it doesn't really work in scoring TD's because usually the D stops you the second the animation starts. But yes it is in there just it rarely ever happens.

I have also had it happen but only once. And I too have logged a ton of hours.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »