Home

New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

This is a discussion on New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2020, 04:59 PM   #497
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: New NCAA 06 Blog!!!!! ncaa06revival.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
I think you have a great point about physical attributes. For instance, in my NCAA 2003 dynasty with SMU—awesome uniforms btw—they had just a little scat back at FB to begin with. I’m thinking this had to do with some single back offense they ran back then. Well, I wanted to implement a smashmouth attack and the guy is being destroyed because he’s like 5’9 180, so I pulled him for my backup TE, who is a big fella. Immediately I was able to run the ball despite their blocking ratings being marginally different.
Size makes a huge difference! It makes the game fun to learn how to exploit big body bruisers or small speedy guys.

Ted Ginn Jr is only 5'11", so I lead him where I want him to go, and let his speed take him to the ball. So if I'm throwing a bomb to him, I press the D-Pad forward to make the ball go as far as possible.

Calvin Johnson on the other hand is 6'5" and has crazy jumping skills. If I'm throwing a bomb to Megatron, I do the opposite. I lob it up, then hold the D-Pad backwards, to make the ball go less of a distance and set up a jump ball situation and let the big guy go up and snag it.

If I get a WR mismatched on a LB, same thing. I lead him where I want him to go and let his speed beat his man to the ball.

Big TE vs a safety? I let the big man use his big body to win the matchup for the ball.

It's really great to have all these little games within a game on the field.
Old 12-17-2020, 06:51 PM   #498
Rookie

OVR: 2

Definitely agree with the height and weight stuff. I try my best to recruit DE's in the 260+ and DT's at 300+ but they are kinda hard to come by. I like to keep an upperclass DE in the 225-240 range as a 3rd down pass rusher.
Old 12-10-2021, 09:41 AM   #499
Rookie

OBinKC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by volwalker
Here are my 9 formations for this offense:
  1. Flexbone Wide - 31 personnel. This is the formation most associated with the Wing-T I presume
  2. Flexbone Twins - 21 personnel. Twin WR on one side
  3. Flexbone Twins Over? (forgot the name) - 21 personnel. Same as Twins but with the WB on the other side
  4. Ace Big Twins - 12 personnel. I use this for my Option Toss along with my WR triple option for whenever I have a speedy WR
  5. I Normal - 21 personnel. For the FB dive (great play), and my Option Toss
  6. Weak I Normal - 21 personnel. For the FB over (amazing play) and my Option Toss
  7. Gun Trips Over - 11 personnel. Only Gun formation with a TE on opposite side of HB to seal the edge which is great for using QB Choice and PA Read (my sweep plays). Pass plays are amazing here too
  8. Gun Bunch - 10 personnel. The bunch is on opposite side of my HB which is great for sweep plays. Also contains WR Option that can be deadly with a speedy WR
  9. Gun Trips - 10 personnel. same as Trips Over but with a WR instead of the TE
I feel that I can run better with a TE blocking the edge, otherwise I would use more Flexbone formations, but those 3 give me all that I need. I think these 9 formations give me a perfect mix of a Hybrid Wing-T. I don't even have to recruit a speedy QB either since the run game is already covered with sweeps, tosses, and FB runs. Hope this clarifies some things.

Any advice to make the offense better would be great!
Did you ever end up running this offense in a dynasty? And if so, was it successful? I’m asking because my speedy QB went down in my dynasty and I run an option offense. Not having him as a “crutch”, I’d still like run run heavily.
Old 12-10-2021, 03:09 PM   #500
Pro

volwalker's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBinKC
Did you ever end up running this offense in a dynasty? And if so, was it successful? I’m asking because my speedy QB went down in my dynasty and I run an option offense. Not having him as a “crutch”, I’d still like run run heavily.
I don't ever remember running that offense in a dynasty, for the channel at least. That post I wrote was from over 6 years ago, before I started my site and channel anyways. The end around and sweeps from Flexbone sets don't work well due to guards being pushed back all the time. They work better against odd fronts where guards don't usually have someone to initially block.

If I ever wanted to run some type of wing-t offense again, I'd probably run Gus Malzahn's spread version which is hard to implement as well due to lack of correct concepts being in the ps2 games.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »