Home

The Swamp: #1 Toughest place?

This is a discussion on The Swamp: #1 Toughest place? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2004, 08:54 AM   #9
Pro

Greenevol's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Swamp: #1 Toughest place?

Quote:

As a Cane fan who has been to both Knoxville and Gainesville, I have to say that the Swamp is way more intimidating. The fans are way more involved and the place can get loud. Just because a place has a very large capacity doesnt mean it is intimidating.

You had the misforutune of going to Neyland during the Vols worst season over a decade. By the time the Canes came to Knoxville, people were ready for Basketball season, no small feat for a BBall wasteland like UT.

Having been to the Swamp, LSU, Orange Bowl, and a few others, a stadium is only as intimidating as the team in it. Death Valley may be the toughest place to play right now, but i dont think you'd find anyone who was scared of LSU in the later DiNardo or Hallman years.

When its "on", Neyland is as loud and intimidating as anyplace, and is not a poor choice for #1. But thats the same as the Swamp, and a dozen other places.
Old 06-18-2004, 09:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

Greenevol said:
Quote:

Death Valley may be the toughest place to play right now, but i dont think you'd find anyone who was scared of LSU in the later DiNardo or Hallman years.

While I partially agree with this, even during those years, LSU was a hard team at home. Those years are actually the ones where LSU built the reputation for Death Valley. Remember the upset of Florida that set off the Richter scales? Even during those losing years, Death Valley was still packed with 80,000+ drunk, screaming, and hostile fans. I don't have the figures, but I'm willing to bet LSU had a much better record at home than on the road.

With that said, I think that your stadium ranking should, and does, take into account your teams record and success there. I believe I heard that in an interview.
Old 06-18-2004, 11:44 AM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

No Floyd Casey(Baylor) Stadium on that list?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #12
Th* H*mb*rg*r P*mp

TarHeelMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Just the fact that you had to qualify that question by putting the school name in parentheses should answer your question, Dookie....

Who knows, Guy Morriss could have a monster turnaround, and you'll be there next year.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:40 PM   #13
Itsy Bitsy Spider

kodiak's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:

arkygator said:
You're right.. Anytime you have the ACC refs involved the opposing team is bound to lose...

So what about 99 or 93? 3-3 at the terrifying swamp the last 6 visits. UF at Doak 0-6-1 Since 90.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:57 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

TarHeelMan said:
Just the fact that you had to qualify that question by putting the school name in parentheses should answer your question, Dookie....

Who knows, Guy Morriss could have a monster turnaround, and you'll be there next year.

YOU KNOW IT!!! There is a new "GUY" in town. He will make Baylor respectable...I believe!
Old 06-20-2004, 02:22 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

No Sanford Stadium?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 02:43 PM   #16
Pro

DoubleDeuce's Arena

OVR: 6

The Richter Scale game at LSU was in '88 I think when LSU beat Auburn on a late TD. I have been to Tiger Stadium 3 times and seen 3 Ole Miss victories. ('97, '99, '01)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »