Home

Recruting Help- NCAA 14

This is a discussion on Recruting Help- NCAA 14 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-03-2015, 05:59 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Recruting Help- NCAA 14

I know how it works in terms of putting the points into people and what not. What I am wondering is what should my focus be? I get confused when I have to choose between team needs and just filling those and going after other prospects on the board. So what I think I am asking is should just focus on getting my team needs met or trying to balance it between getting other prospects while trying to fill my team needs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-03-2015, 06:53 PM   #2
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Re: Recruting Help- NCAA 14

I usually add as many prospects that are in my needed positions. Ex. if I need 1 MLB I add 1 MLB. Probably should've put earlier that I usually scout 2 or 3 and go after the best. On players that aren't needs I only add until there are 12 or 13 players on my board, I never fill it up. Hope this helps!
Old 06-03-2015, 09:49 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRaider10
I usually add as many prospects that are in my needed positions. Ex. if I need 1 MLB I add 1 MLB. Probably should've put earlier that I usually scout 2 or 3 and go after the best. On players that aren't needs I only add until there are 12 or 13 players on my board, I never fill it up. Hope this helps!

That makes sense, so no need to totally fill the board up. I'll have to try this out later on.

Old 06-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #4
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuuto12
That makes sense, so no need to totally fill the board up. I'll have to try this out later on.

I've never found any need to fill up the board, you only have 25 scholarships and there's not that many point to begin with.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:48 PM   #5
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:

If you don't care about balance, it's always best to fill your board. You always get your bonus points every week. You don't need to spend points on them (only spend points on the guys you're actively pursuing) but maybe you'll want to go after them later.

It doesn't hurt anything at all (except for maybe lower playing time grades) by filling your board and it can only help.

However, if you don't want to make recruiting too easy, don't do this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-04-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
Just started!

it's always best to fill your board. You always get your bonus points every week.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:56 PM   #7
Rookie

TimLawNYC's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I know how it works in terms of putting the points into people and what not. What I am wondering is what should my focus be? I get confused when I have to choose between team needs and just filling those and going after other prospects on the board. So what I think I am asking is should just focus on getting my team needs met or trying to balance it between getting other prospects while trying to fill my team needs?
I think a lot of it depends on how good your team already is. If you're at a 6-star program and already rated 99 Overall, you really only need to focus on a small group of players to fill upcoming team needs. If your team is really bad, the fill your board and try to upgrade all around, and just try to sign as many quality players as you can regardless of position. As a 1-star school you'll benefit more from signing 10 decent 3-star recruits at any spot than you would getting lucky and signing one 5-star stud but missing out on those ten 3-star guys.
Old 06-04-2015, 05:23 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimLawNYC
I think a lot of it depends on how good your team already is. If you're at a 6-star program and already rated 99 Overall, you really only need to focus on a small group of players to fill upcoming team needs. If your team is really bad, the fill your board and try to upgrade all around, and just try to sign as many quality players as you can regardless of position. As a 1-star school you'll benefit more from signing 10 decent 3-star recruits at any spot than you would getting lucky and signing one 5-star stud but missing out on those ten 3-star guys.

I think that makes sense, and I never thought of recruiting like that before, especially with mid major teams.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »