Home

I have a problem with the matchup stick.

This is a discussion on I have a problem with the matchup stick. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-21-2004, 10:23 AM   #17
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: I have a problem with the matchup stick.

I don't want to sound like the bad apple, but how the hell can people say they have a problem with the game about anything when its not even out yet . I really don't get this.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:25 AM   #18
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:

ODogg said:

casual fans probably don't even know who the older seniors who are less likely to get rattled are.

That;s my point!!
Old 06-21-2004, 10:27 AM   #19
Rookie

jwb0581's Arena

OVR: 2

What if a player only gets rattled AFTER he gives up a big play?

Then it wouldn't be mind-reading...
Old 06-21-2004, 10:43 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

ODogg said:
Yes there are degrees of it. As for abuse, well in a real game (I played high school and even this was teh case there), the players on the field know who's struggling and are good to "pick on" and relay that to the coaches. So as for it being unrealistic we wouldn't know the players mental state on the opposing team, it's not unrealistic because in a real game this is info that can be gleaned from the field. However as was pointed out just because a CB is seemingly rattled does not mean he won't be able to make a play on the ball and it's a guaranteed easy completion if you pick on him. Just more likely is all, and that's realism..

Exactly. That's all our offensive coordinator would do each game. You can actually pick out who is rattled on the field a lot easier than you expect, if you know what to look at.

On a side note, if any of you saw the NBA Finals, it was pretty easy to tell that the Lakers were rattled.
Old 06-21-2004, 10:53 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:

FootballForever said:
I don't want to sound like the bad apple, but how the hell can people say they have a problem with the game about anything when its not even out yet . I really don't get this.

Well FF, the matchup stick is a pretty much cut and dry concept, I just can't see the problem with having a little more info available. What if you have a rattled inferior player up against a composed superior player-talk about a mismatch!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-21-2004, 10:59 AM   #22
Pro

Dino's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

FootballForever said:

It's the whole concept of this new feature which is raising the concern.

I for one didn't like the idea at first, but this years NCAA is going to stop the cheesers who last year could take advantage of the AI by audiblizing and hot routing on every play. Not this year, you will have to be a better coach in the huddle which is how college football should be played.
You won't be able to audible or hot route until everyone is set at the line of scrimmage, and if you are the away team, good luck.
There won't be as many big plays this year either, and pass defense is gonna be alot better. You WILL have to manual catch most balls if you want to succeed in NCAA '05.
It's gonna be a different game, so get ready.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:29 AM   #23
Rookie

bpd115's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:

Dino said:
You WILL have to manual catch most balls if you want to succeed in NCAA '05.
It's gonna be a different game, so get ready.

While I agree it will be a different game, I seriously doubt that we'll have to manually catch most passes.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:57 AM   #24
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I think I stopped manually catching after Madden 2001. Something with adjusting to the new consoles and passes getting to short routes to quick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »