Home

"Ghost points" for CPU schools during recruiting?

This is a discussion on "Ghost points" for CPU schools during recruiting? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-18-2015, 07:02 PM   #1
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

OVR: 3
"Ghost points" for CPU schools during recruiting?

I have yet to witness this in the past few years of playing NCAA.

I have two different recruits that I'm recruiting in my dynasty. I'm putting a max 700 points into them and both of their weekly bonus points are roughly 50 less than the team in the lead. This means that the max amount that team in the lead should be able to pull away from me is 50 points per week as long as it is not a week they have them scheduled to visit (which it isn't, they don't visit for another 6-8 weeks). Of course, they could get a max of 100 more if they offer a scholarship in that week, so let's just assume that they do.

On both of these recruits I am referring to the team leading me gained 350 and 315 points on me. This means that AT LEAST 250 and 215 points are left unaccounted for, which is what I am referring to as "ghost points."

Also, I am aware that the dynamic bonus point can contribute to this, but I know for a fact that our differences in bonus points did not fluctuate to the tune of a 200 point difference (as I said, currently both teams only have 50 points more when it comes to the bonus points).

Has anyone else experienced this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-18-2015, 07:26 PM   #2
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

Re: "Ghost points" for CPU schools during recruiting?

WOW! Next week these teams put up 800-900 points on me. WTH is going on

Again, I'm dumping a max 700 into these guys and they didn't have any visits scheduled for these weeks. It's like the game is rigging it so that I have no chance at these recruits

EDIT: alright this is seriously starting to tick me off. I don't mind a whole lot since I plan on leaving this team in the off season, but the game is literally stacking the deck against me. Just had a DT visit...won the game against a conference opponent, the visit page says I got +850 points and I'm putting a max 700 points into him...PLUS I have a higher bonus than Stanford (the team gaining on me).

To recap:

+ 285 bonus points
+ 700 for maximum points put into recruiting
+ 850 points for visit

Stanford's max potential amount of points
+ 235 bonus points
+ 700 if they're putting max points for recruiting
+ 50 if they offered a scholarship that week
+ 0 for visit (because he visited my team this week)

1835 - 985 = 850 points in my favor

the result:

NEGATIVE 740 POINTS.

Any insights/explanations are greatly appreciated

Last edited by Robo COP; 06-18-2015 at 08:45 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:10 PM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

I've never seen anything like this. I've always had the points add up to what they should.

It'd be much easier to figure this out if you posted some screenshots of what's happening.

First, a couple of stupid questions.
1. You turned off CPU assisted recruiting, right? If not, maybe you're not really spending 700/week on them as the CPU is changing it. This would be really obvious, though as you'd see the CPU's # of weekly points on him when you advanced instead of the 700 you thought you were spending.

2. You've offered them a scholarship, right? This would be the best explanation I can think of. If you haven't offered, then the max you can get to is 73% locked. At that point, you could add 1 billions points of recruiting during the week and you won't go up at all. If this happens, then everyone else on his list gets a free 20ish points per week and then they get their bonus + their weekly points per week. See the attached photo of Anthony Cooper as an example. Ohio hasn't offered a scholly so they're maxed out @ 73%. Everyone else gets a free 20 points (this is obvious by looking @ Nebraska, Alabama, LSU, and Georgia who don't have him on their boards @ all, but are gaining 20 points on Ohio). Plus look @ Michigan (me) who gained 970 points (20+350+600 = 970). It's obvious that Notre Dame is spending 500 points per week on him (20+290+500 = 810).
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
WOW! Next week these teams put up 800-900 points on me.

Based on your 2nd post it sounds to me like you didn't offer him and in the 1st post you were close to 73% but still under it so some of you 700 points counted (enough to get you to 73%) but not all. This caused them to gain some points on you. Then in your 2nd post you were already at the 73% threshold so you got NONE of you 700 NOR your bonus points and that's why they gained a TON on you that week.

Also, here are just a couple of corrections for you.
1. You don't get +50 points when offering a scholarship. The only tangible effect of offering is that it allows you to pass the 73% locked threshold and eventually sign the recruit. For proof, see the before/after photos of Dennis Vandermeulen. The 1st one shows I he had no offer and I spent 600 points the previous week. I gained 930 points on everyone (600+330 = 930). I then offered him a scholarship and then advanced and in the next week, I still gained 930 points, despite me offering a scholly the previous week and advancing instead of the 980 points you would've predicted with the offer.

2. You actually get double your visit points for visits, not just the amount shown. This one gets pretty fuzzy because there is some max cap somewhere that I haven't figured out. This means that sometimes you can't see double the points because you hit the cap and it won't give you more. However, when you don't hit the cap it's very obvious. Look at the pictures of Tim Cameron. He visited last week and had a 550 pt visit. I spent 200 points on him and he had a 410 point bonus. You can see that I gained 1710 points on everyone from the visit. This is (200 + 410 + 550 *2 = 1710).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture1.jpg (146.8 KB, 98 views)
File Type: jpg Capture2.jpg (134.6 KB, 99 views)
File Type: jpg capture3.jpg (154.4 KB, 100 views)
File Type: jpg Capture4.jpg (141.0 KB, 101 views)
File Type: jpg Capture5.jpg (145.9 KB, 97 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 06-18-2015 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Don't forget you can lock a team out and they can use their "unlock" attribute and gain hundreds to even a 1000 points on you.
Old 06-20-2015, 10:32 PM   #5
Pro

Robo COP's Arena

jello....I completely forgot about the scholarship thing. That's exactly what the problem was lol. My bad.

Typically I offer scholarships right away but since I had the insta commit ability this season I wanted to try and capitalize on it as best I could. Turns out I couldn't make up the deficit before the 73% threshold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-20-2015, 11:02 PM   #6
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robo COP
jello....I completely forgot about the scholarship thing. That's exactly what the problem was lol. My bad.

Typically I offer scholarships right away but since I had the insta commit ability this season I wanted to try and capitalize on it as best I could. Turns out I couldn't make up the deficit before the 73% threshold.

Based on your 2 original posts I was pretty sure that was it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »