Home

Roster Breakdown......

This is a discussion on Roster Breakdown...... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-23-2004, 11:47 AM   #1
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10
Roster Breakdown......

I was thinking about the rosters and how it is now expanded to 70. I was also thinking back to last year's version where the rosters were only 55. Depending upon the team and personnel, the breakdown was as follows: QB(3), RB(4), FB(2), WR(6), TE(2), OG(4), OT(4), C(2), DE(4), DT(4), OLB(4), MLB(2), CB(4), FS(2), SS(2), K(1), P(1). Like I said these numbers varied depending on the personnel a team had, but it put each team somewhere between 51-55 players on each roster. With the new 70 men rosters, that would leave an additional 20 players. My thing is, I hope they allocate those positions more to the incoming freshmen classes instead of scout team walk-ons. I know the ability to edit is there, but that's all the more reason to put as many true freshmen in there as you can for each school and let us do the Jersey #'s and all that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-23-2004, 01:34 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: Roster Breakdown......

Quote:

TarHeelPhenom said:
I was thinking about the rosters and how it is now expanded to 70. I was also thinking back to last year's version where the rosters were only 55. Depending upon the team and personnel, the breakdown was as follows: QB(3), RB(4), FB(2), WR(6), TE(2), OG(4), OT(4), C(2), DE(4), DT(4), OLB(4), MLB(2), CB(4), FS(2), SS(2), K(1), P(1). Like I said these numbers varied depending on the personnel a team had, but it put each team somewhere between 51-55 players on each roster. With the new 70 men rosters, that would leave an additional 20 players. My thing is, I hope they allocate those positions more to the incoming freshmen classes instead of scout team walk-ons. I know the ability to edit is there, but that's all the more reason to put as many true freshmen in there as you can for each school and let us do the Jersey #'s and all that.

Yes, the lack of true freshmen was the big problem with the rosters in previous versions. I always hated how the teams were so much better in the sixth year of the dynasty than in the 4th and 5th. There are no true seniors/RS juniors in the 4th year and no RS seniors in the 5th year. A whole class that should be the primary contributors to every team is missing. The best teams are rated about B+ and juniors win almost all the awards. They should add true freshmen to the 70 man rosters even if the player ratings are nothing more than guesses.

1AA are on 55 scholarship limits rather that 80 so I assume their rosters will stay at 55.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »