Home

Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

This is a discussion on Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-27-2015, 11:18 AM   #17
MVP

Clemsonpanther's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoneCalf
lol, I want to know how that season turned out. Did the meds impair your playing skills?

I think the most games I've played in a single day was around 5 or 6.
Well those were two different times and games, i didnt clarify. Anyways i played with a teambuilder team (clemson like but one star). I played on my old heisman set, i actually won some games surprisingly.
Old 07-27-2015, 03:13 PM   #18
Rookie

Maverick09's Arena

OVR: 3

Mine started with NCAA 2004 with Carson Palmer on the cover. Being from Canada, in 2004 NCAA wasn't sold in stores here so I had to order it online off of EB Games.

I didn't feel like sending my memory card to DTLinder (or whatever his name was) so I typed in the player names myself with my Logitech controller-keyboard hybrid. I still remember browsing every college teams website scavenging for each individual player. I was such a junkie.

I also remember posting dynasty reports on MaddenMania and other sports gaming forums that have long gone extinct since then. I absolutely loved reading other peoples dynasties too (BDawg, Hellisan, Beterrai (or DJRhude), and others). I still venture off into that section of OS every so often to read up on other peoples dynasties.
Old 07-27-2015, 09:16 PM   #19
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

I payed NCAA 06 so much that I had to buy a 2nd disc because my first one stopped working.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 07-28-2015, 12:08 AM   #20

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

This is a fantastic thread, I love hearing everyone's old stories. Keep them coming fellas!

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-28-2015, 02:24 AM   #21
Rookie

Ego93's Arena

OVR: 0

Race for the Heisman first got me hooked with the great NCAA 06. I still like that name over Road to Glory; I knew what I wanted to keep aiming for every year. I remember redoing the spring drills until I got one of the top 10 ranked schools offering me that full ride. There was nothing like trucking your way as a bellcow running back as a true freshman.

And when I discovered dynasty and create-a-team, I never looked back! 06 was my jam. I never bothered with getting any of the other titles. I only have 06 and 14, the best of the bunch!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-28-2015, 10:16 AM   #22

Cheese2121's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick09
Mine started with NCAA 2004 with Carson Palmer on the cover. Being from Canada, in 2004 NCAA wasn't sold in stores here so I had to order it online off of EB Games.

I didn't feel like sending my memory card to DTLinder (or whatever his name was) so I typed in the player names myself with my Logitech controller-keyboard hybrid. I still remember browsing every college teams website scavenging for each individual player. I was such a junkie.

I also remember posting dynasty reports on MaddenMania and other sports gaming forums that have long gone extinct since then. I absolutely loved reading other peoples dynasties too (BDawg, Hellisan, Beterrai (or DJRhude), and others). I still venture off into that section of OS every so often to read up on other peoples dynasties.
A lot of legends you mentioned right there. It is amazing and makes me so happy to see so many of them (BDawg and Rhude at least; along with Deegeezy) still going strong. I have been reading their stuff for years. You should do a dynasty again sometime if you ever feel inclined. Would love to read some of your work.

XBL Gamer Tag: MrCheese2121 (feel free to add/message me!)

Currently Playing:
NCAA '12 (Xbox 360)
Old 07-28-2015, 05:16 PM   #23
Rookie

JamesGames's Arena

Man, those days were amazing! I've bought NCAA since '99.

I remember it was on '09, I was a low level HC. Did decent prior and (it was like 6 seasons in the dynasty) after the season I got offered UGA's HC. Of course I took it, and that recruiting class wasn't great. UGA was doing awful, I mean seasons of 3-9, 5-7 awful.

So I won 6 games that year doing what I knew, and what I ran in high school my self; the triple option. Old school style. QBs on that team were C+'s. Nothing great. So I was determined to get a good, quality QB for my first official recruiting class to run my offense and take us to bigger wins and bowls.

Went all in for several Georgia state QBs, 4*s and a 5* in SC. Got pooped on by several good teams and didn't stand a chance. I was keeping this other QB warm, we were very high on his list, local 3*. Mid to low 3*. I knew if I offered he'd commit, so I tried better QBs as long as I could and eventually went all in for the 3* close to signing day. Offered and boom committed. Was thinking, OK, I have my QB. What now?

Guys this QB wasn't like any other 3* QB I've ever seen!! He got on campus and his overall rating was a mere 71. His stats said one thing but his play on the field was stupid good. Idk what it was but this QB stayed all 4 years, never once the Heisman or any big award but he was the best QB I've ever played with on any NCAA game. He ran my option offense like he was born for it. I mean it. It was poetry in every snap he played. Teams couldn't stop him, nor tackle him. It was a sight to be hold. We won 11 games his senior year, SEC title and Sugar bowl. Since then I knew I was addicted.

Now, every QB I sign, no matter the star rating, I always think and compare to that simple, over looked 3*, and that all he wanted was a offer. Boy was he beautiful! (No homo)

His final rating ended up being 88 overall. Speed 79, throwing power 89, throwing accuracy 90. He played like he was a 99 overall.

Sent from your closet, next to your favorite shirt, while blowing my nose on it.
Old 07-30-2015, 02:06 PM   #24
Rookie

TheWalkingCash's Arena

Some of you may be familiar with AiiRxJones on YouTube. I played in an online dynasty with him in late 2013. We were using MAC teams and it was the conference championship game. I had Toledo and he had Kent State. He went the f*** off on me with Dri Archer but I torched him with wildcat plays. I ended up beating him to it was so awesome lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »