Home

Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

This is a discussion on Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-15-2015, 09:08 AM   #41
Rookie

ndfan1993's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Your "I'm addicted to NCAA Football" moment

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinjaGuyDon
But had a question for you? Do you remember front page sports football on PC? I had it around 1990. That game was so legendary to me.
Yup, also played IBM's All-American College Football. Good times.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndfan1993
Yup, also played IBM's All-American College Football. Good times.
Those were way ahead of their time. And to think, run on a 233mhz cpu with 86mb of RAM lol.
Old 08-15-2015, 05:43 PM   #43
Data Logger

StoneCalf's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNinjaGuyDon
Those were way ahead of their time. And to think, run on a 233mhz cpu with 86mb of RAM lol.
I think you mean 8 mb? The first PC I bought was a 60 mhz Pentium, and I sprang for the upgrade from 1 mb to 2 mb on the video card, and I felt like I had a beastly machine hehe. Ah, the 56K warning days....
18 time National Champions
53 Conference Championships
NCAA 14: 614-182
Old 08-02-2018, 08:03 AM   #44
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Buying 3 OG Xboxes (in about as many days) to ensure that there is always one around to play NCAA06
Old 08-02-2018, 12:28 PM   #45
All Star

TarHeelPhenom's Arena

OVR: 10

Summer of 95 playing Bill Walsh. I played an entire season in one night and kept ALL stats in a notebook. I didn't even get up to use the bathroom once.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-02-2018, 01:39 PM   #46
MVP

SilverBullet19's Arena

my addicted moment:

When I graduated college, I spent a month looking for work. I had moved home, so all I had going on was a long distance girlfriend (she was still in college). I bought NCAA 12 (it was December of 2011) and spent almost every night playing like crazy in my room back home. I was waiting to get hired/start training for my career, so I got a temp job working like 8pm-2am doing payroll stuff locally. I worked it for like 2 months until officially hired/starting training for my career.

I would get home at 2:15 in the morning, and game till like 4 or 4:30. I'd wake up, work out, and grab another game...or two...or three before going to work. Repeat almost every day for those two months. Before the temp job and through it, I would get through a season every week, if not quicker. I played like 3-4 dynasties, all going 4-5 seasons. I'd build a squad, get bored, move on to the next one. So in all, I probably played about 18-20 seasons in like 2.5 months. I never heard of op sports back then, so I didn't even think of sliders/house rules/ etc to keep it tough.

Then my job training started. Got my own place, girlfriend moved in after being long distance, and I didn't have much time. I never even bought 13 because training was so intense and I had no time.

Around when 14 came out, things slowed down and I could rock it again. Although, never like those two months lol. I worked weekends, so had weekdays to game. Now I work weekdays, so much less time once again.

Major Boise State fan
Old 08-02-2018, 01:45 PM   #47
Rookie

NCAA 05. Larry Fitzgerald was on the cover. I was always a madden guy up til then. My neighbor invited me over to play some games. He popped in NCAA. Played one game and got beat bad. I asked to borrow it for the night. Started playing and never looked back. I would put in the names for the buckeyes, and then everyone that was on my schedule. Next thing I knew my mom was waking up for work. She asked if I had been up all night and I couldn’t believe it. I got away from NCAA when my girl bought me an Xbox One to try and get rid of my beat up 360. Now that I made a new friend on here with his idea of shrinking the players to fit the field better on 14, I have fallen back in love! I don’t have the time like I used to, thanks to a wife and kids, but when I have free time I’m playing NCAA!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 08-03-2018, 11:12 AM   #48
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

NCAA 2000

I had 98, and I remember liking it, but 2000 was so ahead of its time because of all the options, teams, and bowls (and a playoff). In dynasty you could schedule for every team and import players to Madden. I created the Louisiana Pirates as an independent and had a dynasty. I remember the endzones during bowl games had the team name in generic text rather than importing the end zone from the home stadium (this plagued PS2/XBox versions). So it said Notre Dame instead of having white slashes. So many neutral site stadiums! The 1-AA teams had authentic stadiums too. I remember playing a neutral site game in Jackson against Ole Miss.

NCAA 2002 for PS2 would be a close second. Pairing it with Madden was unbelievable. Gambreaker and Gameday on PS1 you could import the draft as well, but it switched everyone’s skin color around haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »