Home

When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it

This is a discussion on When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-06-2015, 03:03 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: When NCAA Football returns, don't just be happy to have it

SpeedyMike, you'll never be happy with this game, ever. Even if they put everything in the game you've talked about (which will never happen), you would find something else to say EA ripped us off of. You've named off so many things for OTHER people to do to appease YOU.

Do yourself a favor and bow out of this thread, because no one is taking you seriously at this point due to your ridiculous whining and accusations.

EA has provided a very playable game with tons of room for customization and tweaking. Is it perfect? No. But name me a game that is.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 05:05 PM   #42
7jD
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider
SpeedyMike, you'll never be happy with this game, ever. Even if they put everything in the game you've talked about (which will never happen), you would find something else to say EA ripped us off of. You've named off so many things for OTHER people to do to appease YOU.

Do yourself a favor and bow out of this thread, because no one is taking you seriously at this point due to your ridiculous whining and accusations.

EA has provided a very playable game with tons of room for customization and tweaking. Is it perfect? No. But name me a game that is.

i take him seriously and am glad someone made a thread about it. this is coming from someone who bought the last three games. why did i buy them? because im a sucker and my non-purchase alone means nothing and wouldnt make enough of a difference for ea to reconsider their release cycle or actual game content. so i buy because its the only goddamn game on the market.

there are things that should have been in the game (hurr durr its in the game) for years that werent: blocked kicks, blocked punts, fcs teams, fully working penalties (such as OPI, DPI, just take a look at the sliders forum to see that the penalty sliders dont even affect actual penalties called but how the game plays so you can never get sim penalties), duplicate numbers, user catching, muffed snaps, ACTUAL GOOD, LOUD CROWD NOISE. it's 2015 for godsakes and we still have a game where im down in the 4th quarter @ LSU by 3 with minutes to go and i can actually single out individuals in the crowds by their voices as if i was in the kibbie dome or a crowded parking lot. laughable. i remember in either 04, 05, or 06, when you were in a situation like that, your tv screen was practically doing a disco dance jumping around and the noise sounded so organic. in 14 at best it sounds like a stadium recorded inside of a tin can.

most, if not all of these things could be found in older installments like 06 05 04 but i havent played those in almost a decade so i wouldnt know for sure since i had to trash my ps2 years and years ago. probably the most important thing is that all of these ncaa games don't even teach you how to play real football, its just picking the right cheese plays that i know work because hey they work! i'll never know what disguising defenses really means and how to do it, the purposes and variations of 3-4, 4-3, 3-3-5, 4-2-5, and just fundamentals of the game. sure, i could youtube this stuff and learn the basic ins and outs of schemes, coverages and whatnot of the game but it wouldnt do any good because it means nothing when playing the game and 2 i shouldnt have to go outside of the game to learn football when the game advertises itself as sim football.

not to mention the poor souls over there in the slider section, who still, to this day are tinkering with sliders to find a SIM PLAYING GAME! this game has been out for going on 2 years and a tweaker community who have probably tweaked every single slider value in this game this way and that still cant get the game to work like we see on saturdays. do you know why? because it has been designed to work like a Jenga game. you mess with one value, well it affected this value, and that affected value actually enhances this thing over here, repeat forever.

ill still probably be ending up buying whatever they poop out when the legal stuff they backed themselves into is over because im a sucker and will buy just out of the hope that im wrong. guess i only have myself to blame but EA sports could be doing SO much more with this game so i made this post because of all the 'its just game enjoy it bro! turn your brain off! >;-(' barrage comments. anyways my rant is over
Old 08-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #43
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by uneasyrider

The fact you will still go out and buy the game yearly, despite readily admitting that EA will never make this game with wanted features, just further supports my earlier point about purchasing irresponsibility and dronish consumerism. EA is perfectly capable of making this game really something great, but there's no incentive on their part when people like you, and others in this thread, have made it clear you'll shell out $60 every July no matter what.

When it's other people's spending habits that impact the quality of the game, I have no choice but to try to get those people to not buy the game in order to force the gamemakers to give a sh!t. This wouldn't just benefit me but everyone who plays the game.

Simply not true that I would never be satisfied. I would be satisfied if the game matched its potential even a little bit. It doesn't. Like someone else already mentioned, there are great things they used to have in this game that they removed for whatever reason.

Do you honestly think EA produces the best quality game that they could make in every release?

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-06-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:00 PM   #44
MVP

RedRaider10's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyMikeWallace
The fact you will still go out and buy the game yearly, despite readily admitting that EA will never make this game with wanted features, just further supports my earlier point about purchasing irresponsibility and dronish consumerism. EA is perfectly capable of making this game really something great, but there's no incentive on their part when people like you, and others in this thread, have made it clear you'll shell out $60 every July no matter what.

When it's other people's spending habits that impact the quality of the game, I have no choice but to try to get those people to not buy the game in order to force the gamemakers to give a sh!t. This wouldn't just benefit me but everyone who plays the game.

Simply not true that I would never be satisfied. I would be satisfied if the game matched its potential even a little bit. It doesn't. Like someone else already mentioned, there are great things they used to have in this game that they removed for whatever reason.

Do you honestly think EA produces the best quality game that they could make in every release?
You realize that if people stopped buying the game, the developers wouldn't try to make it better, right? They would cancel the game, why bother spending more money on a game no one is buying? You actually do have a choice when it comes to how other people spend their money. Don't tell them how to spend it! People can spend their money how they choose. If you don't like the quality of the game being put out then don't buy it, but let the people who enjoy the game and want to spend their money on it make their own choices.
Old 08-06-2015, 07:42 PM   #45
Rookie

SpeedyMikeWallace's Arena

OVR: 2

Choices don't exist in a bubble, sorry. Peoples' choices have an impact on other people, and in this case, people's piss poor spending habits help facilitate EA's fleecing of the NCAA football fans.

It is the people who are willing to allow EA to make $60 a pop off a rehashed game that are the problem; it's the attitude of "we'll buy it no matter what" that gives us sup-bar games to begin with. My attitude only has an impact if more people decide to hold out. So, how about everyone does everyone a favor and not buy the game until it's worth buying?

You really think EA would stop making this game because people decide to hold out? That would be like if people held out on Madden. Do you really think EA is going to shut down their Madden team? Not as long as people are playing videos games and the NFL is popular.

Last edited by SpeedyMikeWallace; 08-06-2015 at 07:48 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-06-2015, 08:23 PM   #46
Rookie

I repeat: If you have a problem with EA's product/business model, take it up with them. I venture to think that the majority of people on this board enjoy the game immensely as is (hence the traffic here 2 years after the release of the most recent iteration of the game) and would eagerly purchase the next iteration if/when it comes (especially given the lapse), considering the improvements that will likely come with next gen consoles alone as well as advances in game development that have been made in the last 2+ years.

You may think the game objectively sucks, the next iteration will suck too, and that EA is holding back just because us sheeple keep buying the game, but...it's just a game. And if it doesn't satisfy you, you don't have to buy it. And if you think it can be done better, then get a development team together and do it yourself. But don't come here and criticize people for "wasting their money" because they enjoyed the game when you didn't.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:25 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 1

I thought 14 was a good game and I had more than $60 of fun with it. Sorry if this disrupted your meta-plan to take it to EA by making them cancel a game with poor sales.
Old 08-06-2015, 08:38 PM   #48
MVP

tonybologna's Arena

OVR: 27

Prediction:

NCAA Football WILL NOT be back period. Why you may ask? They WILL NOT take another chance on anymore lawsuits. This was ridiculous but it is what it is. So what if a sports game used a figure that looks like you Ed O'Bannon!

I still say he was just frustrated/jealous that he couldn't make it in the NBA. Therefore, he decided to get money some way or another. He got some money but probably not as much as he expected out of it.

I'm sorry but this lawsuit was a joke guys! It's greed & jealousy & wanting to be noticed. That's all it was! I would love to see another college football game but if it happens it won't be EA Sports & NCAA Football. And, I'm not looking forward to seeing another one from 2K Sports either. That game was junk! Thanks!
NFL- GO COWBOYS
NHL- GO PREDATORS
NASCAR- Chase Elliott
MLS- LA Galaxy

RIP Pat Summitt: We will all miss you!

Jeremiah 29:11

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »