Home

Biggest problem with AI in NCAA 2004?

This is a discussion on Biggest problem with AI in NCAA 2004? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-25-2004, 12:40 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Biggest problem with AI in NCAA 2004?

Quote:

aliefallstar said:
Run blocking was by far the worst AI aspect. The lineman on the game blocked nothing like they do in real life. there were no zone blocks which (with the exception of base blocking) is used the most while running the ball. And pulling lineman and backs out of the backfield were worthless. I hope they fix this sometime soon.

It would seem like getting the player models to do things like line blocking, DB positioning,etc.would be the toughest thing to program, while the CPU playcalling in certain situations would be the easiest.
Old 06-25-2004, 01:01 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but do you think the CPU KNOWS the exact play you are calling before it "selects" it's play?
Old 06-25-2004, 01:22 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

1-Run Blocking im tired of getting excited over a possible set up for a big play only to run into a blocker trying to block some guy behind me.

2- Option pitches work a little to well

3- for years now NCAA has had what i like to call "Templates" for recruits. every position most noticably at QB and RB you have certain types of recruits. they all look alike and have the same body dimensions and very similar attributes. you may have a WB with 75 + speed but no Throwing power and high accuracy and i garuntee he will be white and bald between 5,11 and 6,2. Or u may get a RB with no higher than 87 speed but good brtckle. he is almost always a black guy with blond hair for some reason. You seldom see special players come out

4- CPU gamplaning. Teams with qbs who have like 55 speed running the option. stuff like that

Im worried because i havent heard anything hardly about gamplay and AI fixes
Old 06-25-2004, 01:32 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

Quote:

Im worried because i havent heard anything hardly about gamplay and AI fixes

Me too, because it seems like a lot of the AI improvement is going to Madden.
Old 06-25-2004, 03:13 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

Jistic's Arena

OVR: 28

ONe thing that I have found slider wise to help running AND get more tackles for the front 7 is to lower the CPU run blocking, but crank up the RB ability to MAX. This allows your LB's and DL to shed some blocks and make some playes, but also allows the CPU to break some tackles and gain some solid yardage. Same thing works nice in Madden on All-Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-25-2004, 04:11 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:

JayBee74 said:
Excuse me if this has been brought up before, but do you think the CPU KNOWS the exact play you are calling before it "selects" it's play?

For certain plays I think they do. Online a couple times I called a fake punt to the FB when I thought my opponent wasn't expecting it. So that carried over into my dynasty. I ran it a few times over the course of a year and every time the CPU would line up in the Safe Return formation but if you called a timeout and actually called a punt they would go into a normal punt return formation.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:21 PM   #23
MVP

davin's Arena

OVR: 13

I always cursed when i had passed out of the I form 4 straight times, then i pick an option right, and miraculiously they line up in a 5-2 and shift their whole defense right.

I really hope that the running AI is improved. I am able to on ocassion get teams that run well on me, but it is rarely their HB. I just hate it when they give their FB more carries than their HB, especially when it is a team like Wisconsin (although i do not know their FB, i think that a healthy Anthony Davis would recieve more carries). Another problem with the run is that when they do choose to run, they pick sweeps or tosses which never work on me because i have to blitz my linebackers almost every play to get pressure on the QB.

On the matter of cheap comeback AI, it needs to be fixed. I know that miraculous plays do happen in college football, but what happens in this game is insane. I was beating Michigan by 3 with 40 seconds left. I kick it off and quickly it is 4-10 on their 40with about 15 seconds left. They do a pass to the sidelines for 25yards which is first tipped by Dustin Fox (OSU CB #37), hits off his knee, off of his helmet, and into the hands of a diving Avant (Michigan WR) who manages to get two feet in and gets out of bounds. Then the Michigan FG kicker nails a 50+ yard FG with no wind to take it into OT, where Krenzel fumbles the ball and I lose. Of course my #1 Greatest Game is the result of impossible Heisman AI.

Despite all of this i am eagerly awaiting NCAA 2005.
Old 06-25-2004, 04:24 PM   #24
2023 National Champions

Psyblast's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:

davin said:
I always cursed when i had passed out of the I form 4 straight times, then i pick an option right, and miraculiously they line up in a 5-2 and shift their whole defense right.

I really hope that the running AI is improved. I am able to on ocassion get teams that run well on me, but it is rarely their HB. I just hate it when they give their FB more carries than their HB, especially when it is a team like Wisconsin (although i do not know their FB, i think that a healthy Anthony Davis would recieve more carries). Another problem with the run is that when they do choose to run, they pick sweeps or tosses which never work on me because i have to blitz my linebackers almost every play to get pressure on the QB.

On the matter of cheap comeback AI, it needs to be fixed. I know that miraculous plays do happen in college football, but what happens in this game is insane. I was beating Michigan by 3 with 40 seconds left. I kick it off and quickly it is 4-10 on their 40with about 15 seconds left. They do a pass to the sidelines for 25yards which is first tipped by Dustin Fox (OSU CB #37), hits off his knee, off of his helmet, and into the hands of a diving Avant (Michigan WR) who manages to get two feet in and gets out of bounds. Then the Michigan FG kicker nails a 50+ yard FG with no wind to take it into OT, where Krenzel fumbles the ball and I lose. Of course my #1 Greatest Game is the result of impossible Heisman AI.

Despite all of this i am eagerly awaiting NCAA 2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »