Home

Defense Can't Stop Anybody

This is a discussion on Defense Can't Stop Anybody within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2015, 10:32 AM   #25
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Defense Can't Stop Anybody

Quote:
Originally Posted by xCoachDx
Sigh.. alright. Here we go.

Your option tackles were all from the second level. Have constant instances where there are multiple defenders close to hitting the QB as he fakes the hand off and they all run to the RB. Oh and that 3rd and 2? Definitely should have been a first. Lol dude looked like a blind man running.

They went 11-14, with an incompletion coming as a man was open directly in front of the QB lol. Your OLB's covered hooks better than I usually see. But I didn't see the route combinations that give me problems. (Outs and Corners for example). I played Oklahoma State last night and beat them 48-7. Idk. Nothing that makes me think this game isn't broken. Especially the pass that looked to hit you directly in the face because the game didn't let you attempt an interception. Ball Hawk ruined Human Pass Coverage.

What sliders do you use? Will check them out. Couldn't hurt I guess.
Couldn't get the columns to line up properly, even with the CODE tag so I just took a screenshot.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture1.PNG (18.6 KB, 160 views)
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2015, 10:17 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
Couldn't get the columns to line up properly, even with the CODE tag so I just took a screenshot.
Pretty similar to what I already use. Changed a few but saw the same coverage issues. QB accuracy is stupid low. No idea why people use that. Couldn't make simple open throws. And there were just a stupid amount of broken tackles. Played Baylor and their QB went 26-33. Incompletions were dropped passes or just throwing the ball out of bounds. Same places open. Had two TD's where my AI completely ignored a receiver. Just left him wide open. There's no fix. Wherever I decide to cover, something else comes open.

Actually saw more bs than normal. Cpu QB was stuck in an "option give" animation (just standing there) but breaks a tackle when I hit him. The center picked up a first on a 3rd and 2. Didn't snap it, just ran it. No idea how that's even a thing. Offensive pass interference on my center. And a play where my NB ran off the field. This game is complete garbage. Lol like a complete different game than what you posted.

Last edited by xCoachDx; 10-16-2015 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-19-2015, 07:08 PM   #27
Rookie

TNBassMan10's Arena

On 3rd down or passing situations, play a defense used mostly against 5 WRs no matter how many WRs the CPU is rolling out there. I play on Heisman with tough sliders and I usually have decent defenses. We did the same, start with 1-star teams and work your way up. I went 10-3 at Wyoming and moved to Maryland. I'm in my 3rd season with them and lost the national championship game to Bama last season 38-35. Things are looking up for the terps though.

Formations to use against 3rd down/passing downs:
4-2-5
3-3-5
Nickel
Dime
Quarter

In quarter, play man defense. Try to sack the QB, he's going to have a wait a few seconds for routes to develop. In 4-2-5, do max coverage (it will only blitz 2 and drop 9). On the out routes, use the alignment modifier and shade safeties outside. You may need to play DB and protect against the slot WRs running out routes. The best defense though sometimes is simply a blitz. It's a gamble but 30% of the time or so I'll get a sack or cause a scramble or throw away. Sometimes a good play just beats you. That's football.
Old 10-20-2015, 11:26 AM   #28
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNBassMan10
In quarter, play man defense. Try to sack the QB, he's going to have a wait a few seconds for routes to develop.
As I've stated I rarely play man coverage, but the man w/ a QB spy in Quarters Normal is an AWESOME play. I only play quarters against 5 wide but when I do, it's always Quarters Normal unless I'm in prevent, and it's usually either quarters coverage, or man/spy. Since I usually only call Quarters against 3rd and long I'm not worried about the QB scrambling I'll turn the cover 2 into a cover 3 by spreading the safeties' coverage and hot routing the MLB to a deep zone. This gives me a cover 3 shell with man coverage underneath and my guys usually blanket the WRs. There's also a man cover 3 in the other Quarters formation, but the DBs line up WAY off the line unless you press them. The man coverage in Quarters Normal has much better alignment.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:52 PM   #29
MVP

whughes's Arena

So now sitting in front of my game be going back through the stats, my pass yards given up aren't nearly as bad as I thought they were. I'm only giving up 199ypg passing. My last 5 games look like this:

Vs NU - 83
@ Rutgers - 97
Vs MSU - 225
Vs Maryland - 339
Vs Indiana - 284

So I guess my real problem is that the other teams around the league aren't passing the ball enough. Because realistically only giving up 199 passing ypg should put me around the top 15, not sitting at #106. Right now I'm ranked at #9 passing offense with 228ypg. I shouldn't be a top 10 passing offense at only 228ypg

Fan of:
Chicago Bears
U of M Wolverines
CMU Chippewas

Old 10-21-2015, 01:25 AM   #30
Rookie

orangeafroman's Arena

OVR: 3

I can't see how someone can defend the CPU when they're allowing "only" 70% completion.

Against man, the CPU can complete an out or corner anytime it wants (usually on 3rd and long). Against zone, the QB simply hits the open man.

This hasn't been addressed that I've seen, but:
The CPU offense is very strong in the first half, and ******** garbage in the 2nd half. I don't know why, it's odd, but it's common in my experience.

Finally, you can have the best safeties in the universe, but they'll cover like ****. WRs get 10+ yards open on them nearly every single time.
Old 10-21-2015, 04:22 AM   #31
MVP

jello1717's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman
I can't see how someone can defend the CPU when they're allowing "only" 70% completion.

Against man, the CPU can complete an out or corner anytime it wants (usually on 3rd and long). Against zone, the QB simply hits the open man.

The CPU offense is very strong in the first half, and ******** garbage in the 2nd half. I don't know why, it's odd, but it's common in my experience.

Finally, you can have the best safeties in the universe, but they'll cover like ****. WRs get 10+ yards open on them nearly every single time.

I am so thankful that I don't have the issues that guys like this have when I play. I think it'd make the game really unenjoyable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2015, 08:27 PM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeafroman

There are so many problems with pass coverage. I saw a WR run a 6-7 yard stop (Hitch) route and THEN the DB dropped into coverage. Lol there are so many times the WR will make his cut and the DB backpedals another 4 steps. As for zone defense, I see hook and flat defenders following fade routes. So broken. How anyone can defend this game blows my mind.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »