Home

Create Your Playbook

This is a discussion on Create Your Playbook within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-28-2004, 12:36 AM   #1
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

OVR: 15
Create Your Playbook

With the new create a playbook feature, what is your playbook going to look like? Remember, you can choose nine formations.

Coach Cliburn's 'Oklahoma Coast' Offense:

Ace Normal
Ace Slot
I Normal
I Strong Normal
I Strong Twins
I Weak Normal
I Weak Twins
Shotgun 2 RB Slot
Shotgun Spread
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 01:11 AM   #2
MVP

rocker78's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Create Your Playbook

i am going to create 4 playbooks so that i can change the offense according to the starting quarterback. though once i stick with one i will contine to use it during the entire season the playbooks are as follows

spread playbook: shotgun spread, shotgun trips, shotgun 2b slot, shotgun 5 wide, shotgun normal, I normal and ace y-trips
ball control playbook: ace normal, ace big, shotgun 2b normal, I tight, I normal, I twins and I twins weak
option playbook: ace normal, power i, wishbone normal, wishbone tight, I tight, I normal and flexbone normal
west coast playbook: ace trips, ace y-trips, ace slot, ace bunch, shotgin trips, i strong slot and i weak slot

which one yall think would be the best?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:22 AM   #3
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

rocker78 said:
i am going to create 4 playbooks so that i can change the offense according to the starting quarterback. though once i stick with one i will contine to use it during the entire season the playbooks are as follows

spread playbook: shotgun spread, shotgun trips, shotgun 2b slot, shotgun 5 wide, shotgun normal, I normal and ace y-trips
ball control playbook: ace normal, ace big, shotgun 2b normal, I tight, I normal, I twins and I twins weak
option playbook: ace normal, power i, wishbone normal, wishbone tight, I tight, I normal and flexbone normal
west coast playbook: ace trips, ace y-trips, ace slot, ace bunch, shotgin trips, i strong slot and i weak slot

Well "best" is purely subjective, but none of those really fit me. I am only to create one initially because every quarterback I recruit will suit my system; I make a point to recruit to my system rather than overhaul my system for any one player.

Also, you can add two formations to each of those formations; don't shortchange yourself buddy.
Old 06-28-2004, 01:32 AM   #4
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:

Well "best" is purely subjective, but none of those really fit me. I am only to create one initially because every quarterback I recruit will suit my system; I make a point to recruit to my system rather than overhaul my system for any one player.

Also, you can add two formations to each of those formations; don't shortchange yourself buddy.

are you sure that you can use 9 formations to the playbook?
Old 06-28-2004, 01:39 AM   #5
Th* C*mm*shn*k*v

cliburn's Arena

Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:

Every playbook has nine formations plus goalline and special teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-28-2004, 01:40 AM   #6
MVP

rocker78's Arena

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:
Quote:

shortsoldier said:
Quote:

rocker78 said:

Every playbook has nine formations plus goalline and special teams.

did not realize this. never mind with these. i will only have 2 now and they will simply be mobile quarterback and pocket quarterback.
Old 06-28-2004, 02:32 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

depends on what type of QB I have. I to nickel and dime you to death but im more a run first to set up the pass...so a mixutue of a wco with a power run game maybe throw in a shotgun formation to give me some time if needed.
Old 06-28-2004, 08:53 AM   #8
L*n*m*n.

MAC65UNITY's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:

shortsoldier said:
With the new create a playbook feature, what is your playbook going to look like? Remember, you can choose nine formations.

Coach Cliburn's 'Oklahoma Coast' Offense:

Ace Normal
Ace Slot
I Normal
I Strong Normal
I Strong Twins
I Weak Normal
I Weak Twins
Shotgun 2 RB Slot
Shotgun Spread

"Oklahoma Coast" I like that though I am looking to replace I strong and I weak formations with Ace spread and pro form. I dont use I strong and weak that much. considering the fact I have no back field!who knows maybe oklahoma coast will make a mark in football!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »