Home

Highlights from Official Playstation magazine review

This is a discussion on Highlights from Official Playstation magazine review within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 06-29-2004, 09:18 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 11
Highlights from Official Playstation magazine review

just got it in the mail today- 4.5 out of 5

*You can turn off the screen shaking
*they said physics were off on tipped balls. Actually they didnt say physics were off they said they were ridiculous. They talked about how the ball would routinely be tipped by four different players on one play. I remember reading this somewhere else as well
*Basically the "hit stick" thing is in in the form of L2 for the ps2. It delivers a harder hit and increases fumble odds, the only difference is its a button and not the right analog stick
*The reviewer said he loved the game, but so what, he wasnt wowed like he wanted to be
*Florida is ranked as the hardest place to play in the game
*Day and night/variable weather is the same as it is in madden. You could start a game at 4 o clock with afternoon skies, and soon the lights will come on. At the end of the game the sky is black
*In the offseason as you know you can change player positions. Some players ratings go up when you do this. Ex: if you change a quick line backer into a defensive end, he could turn from an overall of 83-88.

Thats all i remember from the review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 09:33 PM   #2
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Highlights from Official Playstation magazine review

Thanks but.. if thats all you remember from the review why not just look at it while your typing..j/k
Old 06-29-2004, 09:57 PM   #3
MVP

soxboy7's Arena

OVR: 10

good stuff
Old 06-29-2004, 10:00 PM   #4
H*ll *f F*m*

OVR: 28

Thanks!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:16 PM   #5
Rookie

Razorbacker's Arena

OVR: 4

Now there's some different stuff... thanks.

My thoughts...

Quote:

You can turn off the screen shaking

This is good news. To my old man eyes all I need is a shaking screen to make matters worse.

Quote:

They talked about how the ball would routinely be tipped by four different players on one play.

This is par for the course for EAS. Seems every time they try to tweak something they go overboard.

Quote:

In the offseason as you know you can change player positions.

Another good feature. I routinely recruit speed first, so I'd love to be able to move LBs to DE, S/CB to LB, etc. Roster management is going to be awesome with this and 70-man rosters!!!!!!!!

I like the hard hit deal, but wasn't this in the game already, or previously? I thought hitting the speed button before contact resulted in a harder hit. Or it used to. Or did I just dream that up?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-29-2004, 10:24 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:

Razorbacker said:

I like the hard hit deal, but wasn't this in the game already, or previously? I thought hitting the speed button before contact resulted in a harder hit. Or it used to. Or did I just dream that up?

I tihnk you were dreaming.

And how was he not wowed? What was he expecting? Players to come off the TV and play in his front yard?
Old 06-29-2004, 10:42 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:

DookieMowf said:
Thanks but.. if thats all you remember from the review why not just look at it while your typing..j/k

uhhh, its all the way upstairs. Jk, ill type the whole thing out tommorrow. First i gotta see spiderman 2 at 12
Old 06-29-2004, 10:50 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:

MSUSPartanPride said:
Quote:

Razorbacker said:

I tihnk you were dreaming.

And how was he not wowed? What was he expecting? Players to come off the TV and play in his front yard?

i dunno, the reviewer said something that threw his credibility off a little for me. He said something to the effect that "like madden, ncaa's gameplay has changed very little. It is essentially the same package weve been getting since 2001. The simple cosmetic changes are nice, but wheres the new overhaul". Again, this isnt an exact quote, but I hope he did not mean ncaa 2001, since we all know was only for the ps1. As for not being wowed, i think he meant gameplay. But as we EA fans know, there arent gonna be groundbreaking changes every year, but many tweaks that help perfect the gameplay. So yeah, if he was expecting a new gameplay revolution then its no [censored] he was not wowed

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »