Home

The Death Penalty

This is a discussion on The Death Penalty within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 12:48 AM   #49
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: The Death Penalty

Quote:

and many of you don't realize how bad Alabama has suffered the last five years.

They got what they deserved.
Old 07-02-2004, 08:56 AM   #50
Rookie

OVR: 1

Not according to some people. Some people seem to think anything short of the DP is too little. I agree with the guy who posted about how people don't understand how bad Bama has suffered. I didn't say they didn't deserve it, I just said people seem to think they were let off easy and they were not.

Again: Bama cheated, Bama got caught, Bama pays the man, nothing unfair about that, end of story
Old 07-02-2004, 09:34 PM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 2

Look the fact of the matter is, that Vanderbilt is the only 'clean' program in the SEC.

There are 3 reasons why Vandy gets to stay in SEC:
Grades,
Grad rates &
SEC leaders can say that not all of the league cheats in football.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 10:28 PM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

I respectfully disagree. I think the death penalty is a valid and reasonable means to an end. If a program cannot contain itself within the ruling structure, then it need not exist. We have paradigm of sanctions for a reason. For those who feel that the death penalty is too harsh and punishes the offending school too muc are not considering the countless other schools who are victimized by the offending school's actions. You claim that it hurts financially as well as prestigiously, well the prestige part was brought on by the severity of the offense. As to the financial, it is far less than the financial loss dealt to the victimized schools. For example, let's say that school A has paid a player 25,000/year to play and wins a crucial game that keeps school B out of the conference championship and eventually the national championship. School B is hurt financially because of school A's selfish acts and nobody feels that this is overly unfair. I think that if the NCAA were to be a little more firm with their sanctions and use the death penalty according to its definition, then the offending schools would be getting what they deserve--even if it was my school...
Old 07-02-2004, 11:35 PM   #53
Banned

OVR: 26

maybe if some huge stadiums sit dormant for a fall or two, we can get it back under control. SMU brought their penalty upon themselves. They have no one to blame but theirselves for the situation that they are still in.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »