Home

College Football Makes Me Sad

This is a discussion on College Football Makes Me Sad within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2015, 08:44 PM   #9
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: College Football Makes Me Sad

Quote:
Originally Posted by goillini03
The post above me is the reason why it is better than Madden IMO. More offensive styles, more defensive syles, more teams to use/playing against and a revolving door of players.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Damn Madden vs. EA's NCAA Football. You just listed a bunch of reasons why college football (sports) is so much better than the NFL (pro sports). For real life you also need to add in the passion of the fan base.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-24-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
Rookie

scdb12's Arena

OVR: 5

I bought a PS3 a month ago...and been fully immersed in Dynasty mode. My PS4 has not been touched. Well......expect for my daughters playing Disney Infinity.

There is just something about this game!
Old 09-24-2015, 03:52 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

I agree with you guys. I love the NFL in real life as much as college football. My passion for Redskins football rivals my Miami passion, but when it came to video games, I need to play with Miami. Recruiting, bringing back the Miami image in my football world is what it's all about. Having a huge league of players with all the different conferences adds to it as well. From a video game standpoint, having my stats compared to my division, conference, and then the rest of the country adds to the fun. They don't have to be ridiculous numbers. I don't need a Heisman candidate every season. Give me realistic sliders and let me go 7-5 on a bad year, 9-3 with a really young team and call it a success, let me earn my 11-1 season. Something about 120+ teams to compare to yours adds to the element of fun to me in the game sense that Madden can't replicate just because of how the NFL is structured in real life.

College football, and mainly college sports overall, are great for video games because of the huge landscape they bring, the roster turnover year after year, the different cultures associated with each conference, region, team, etc., the different styles of play, etc. etc. It is a shame that we don't have another NCAA game on these newer consoles. The gameplay of Madden is finally fun and balanced on the field again. I don't sit there and compare it to games of the past like I used to. Sure, it has plenty of quirks that can be picked at, but I can finally play it and not think that game X does this so much better. It looks like football and can play a pretty good game with realistic outcomes every play and ultimately every game. Ratings matter more than ever and strategy is more important that it ever has been. There is still a lot of improvement needed, but it's good again and all that does it make it harder for me to go back to NCAA 14.

I wish I could, but playing Madden and going back to it just shows it age more each time. I may try and do it again and see how it goes. I wish the 360 Emulator worked a lot better, being able to play on my PC would make it more convenient for me and maybe I'd be able to get another dynasty going, but right now I am stuck playing Bowl Bound College Football. And I don't mean stuck in a negative way towards that game, I love it, I'll be sinking tons of hours into it, but I miss playing a game on the field. I miss actually seeing actual avatars of my players on the field, seeing actual stadiums, hearing a "real" crowd, etc.

I just hope that something happens to bring back college football to the video game market because the fans deserve it. We're the reason these programs thrive and the sport makes so much money. We at least deserve to have our game back, generic rosters or not. The community can always make the rosters after release. I just wish an agreement could be met and happen soon.

― Plato
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2015, 01:00 PM   #12
Legal Advisor

jwilphl's Arena

OVR: 12

For someone that prefers college football to the NFL, yes, it is both saddening and maddening (pun not intended). I always preferred the NCAA game to Madden for a number of reasons.

That said, I still have my PS3 so I continue to play NCAA '14, but nonetheless disappointed that I may never get any updates to it while this shiny new Madden comes to play for my PS4. One day...we can hope.
Old 09-25-2015, 01:36 PM   #13
Rookie

Deezo's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilphl
For someone that prefers college football to the NFL, yes, it is both saddening and maddening (pun not intended). I always preferred the NCAA game to Madden for a number of reasons.

That said, I still have my PS3 so I continue to play NCAA '14, but nonetheless disappointed that I may never get any updates to it while this shiny new Madden comes to play for my PS4. One day...we can hope.
I'll always hold out hope for another NCAA game. My friends would all wait for Madden, play a bit and then go back to whatever game they were playing. For me NCAA has always been top of the class when it comes to gameplay, immersion, and fun factor. Building teams up like UTSA, Ohio, or downloading a team builder team like UMaine was so much fun. Not to mention rebuilding teams like Miami, OKst, Nebraska, etc. to former glory. The greatness came in the unlimited ways to play.

Old 10-04-2015, 02:17 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

gameplay madden feels awesome, but like others I can't get into it. It doesn't have that same atmosphere and the draft is never as exciting as recruiting! I just cant even bring myself to buy madden because I know I wont pour much time into it..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »