Home

would you play ncaa with generic players

This is a discussion on would you play ncaa with generic players within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Would you buy an NCAA FB game with real teams, but generic rosters?
yes, I would buy! 92 94.85%
Nah, I would pass. 5 5.15%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-04-2015, 02:14 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: would you play ncaa with generic players

I would def buy a game with generic rosters, like other users have stated before after a few years in a dynasty (the only mode i stick to) they are generic anyway! I posted on another site of ways they could make the rosters interesting at least. What if the rosters were made up of the community? A kick starter campaign where users who contributed could be in the game. maybe each position was so much $ followed by what team you want.. playing fr the buckeyes a bit more and finally your overall.. so someone who is playing safety at georgia southern and be 74 ovr would pay $5 or something and someone who wants to be qb at osu and be 97ovr would pay $150 (completely made up amounts) This would be an interesting way to get people involved and excited!
Old 10-05-2015, 11:19 AM   #18
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

I think the only thing they should really do is keep the teams consistent.
MAke Ohio State the best team in the game, (for now anyway) and just make all the other teams SIMILAR to how they are in real life. Army, Navy, AF, would all be underpowered teams who run the flex. Thats where the similarities to the real life team end. All other similarities would be coincidental.
Old 10-06-2015, 06:36 AM   #19
Rookie

Raider1015's Arena

I don't get it. Who WOULDN'T like a generic college football game? What other kind is there?

I've never seen Reggie Bush or Tim Tebow in my games, and that's never stopped me from buying them every year.
Old 10-06-2015, 08:46 AM   #20
Rookie

grabursock55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider1015
I don't get it. Who WOULDN'T like a generic college football game? What other kind is there?

I've never seen Reggie Bush or Tim Tebow in my games, and that's never stopped me from buying them every year.
In NCAA 2010, you didnt see a white QB for Florida who was #15, with a running tendency and was 6'3" and 210+ Lbs?
^^Lets be realistic, That is Tim Tebow, the only thing about it is that it dosent actually SAY Tebow.

Im talking about if players were randomly put on each team.. The only thing that would be consistent is teams philosophy and overall skill.
Old 10-09-2015, 12:00 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 1

There are plenty of games that have been highly successful despite generic players. In truth many game's generic players have become legends themselves. Fifa's main competitor uses generics, OOTP, etc.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2015, 07:00 PM   #22
Rookie

I definitely would, I'm dying for a new NCAA. I don't care, give me generic players.

Online Dynasty on NCAA was so much fun, even though I failed at rebuilding Miami lol
Old 10-13-2015, 12:05 PM   #23
Rookie

Of course. I have never really cared that much about current rosters anyway. I mean yeah for the first day or too its cool. But then I start dynasty and they are gone soon thereafter anyway.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:11 PM   #24
Rookie

Exactly! Great point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »