Home

Recruiting info at IGN

This is a discussion on Recruiting info at IGN within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-02-2004, 09:43 AM   #57
MVP

OVR: 7
Re: Recruiting info at IGN

Quote:

BigT34 said:
well, recall that the guy didn't have to make any cuts because he was *conveniently* right at 62 players. Well, what if the interface screen simply said 62/62, just as it might say 49/49 last year, and the author misinterpreted this to mean that 62 was the max?

This is most likely the case. Remember, in the past with the 55-man roster, most teams (especially non-BCS) teams rarely even had 55 players on the default roster. With 70-man rosters, most non-BCS teams are probably going to have 58-63 man rosters. I bet in NCAA 2005, TCU starts with 62 players on its roster and this guy took that to mean that was their limit.
Old 07-02-2004, 10:19 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 1

Anybody know if we save more than eight draft classes to the harddrive?
Old 07-02-2004, 10:22 AM   #59
Rookie

OVR: 2

i wish we could've switched player positions last year- i woulda put jared lorenzen at left tackle LOL.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:07 AM   #60
Hall Of Fame

Brandwin's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:

Dmoney said:
Anybody know if we save more than eight draft classes to the harddrive?

Why would you want to? UNless you sim ahead of time? I will play a few seasons save my classes then play some Madden..then if I play more NCAA just erase the first classed saved so on and so on. After you import a class, is there any reason to keep them there?

But if there is, I still dont know why it would only allow 8 being saved on the hard drive if thats the case...we have plenty of room on it.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:09 AM   #61
MVP

OVR: 9

THE ROSTER LIMIT IS NOT 62 PLAYERS. The guy who wrote the article probably saw the 62/62 at the top of the roster screen, and thought that it meant 62 players out of 62 possible spots. In actuality, it just means players currently displayed out of total players on the team (for example, if you're just looking at your 4 QB's, it'll say "4/62").

And why would EA ever come up with a random number like 62? I could understand 60 or 65, but not 62. Also, the 70 man rosters have been confirmed by numerous people, including the producer of the friggin' game on EA's official site. Everyone just relax.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-02-2004, 11:11 AM   #62
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:

Jistic said:
Oh and one more thing. Look at that SKY and the lighting!

Yeah I was just going to post that one. It looks great.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:10 PM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 1

we've already been over that, but thanks for reiterating what's already been said in a much more condescending manner.
Old 07-02-2004, 12:34 PM   #64
Pro

OVR: 4

Yes, I admit it, I tracked 10 recruiting classes worth of players to see if the potential arrow had any real effect. Should I keep a kid who is a little lower ratings-wise because he had the arrow? I tested almost every position.

The results were painful. There was no connection between potential arrow and yearly improvement. Statistically, the players without the arrow actually improved slightly more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »