Home

9th Circuit Upholds NCAA Can't Restrict Athletes

This is a discussion on 9th Circuit Upholds NCAA Can't Restrict Athletes within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2015, 04:48 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51
Re: 9th Circuit Upholds NCAA Can't Restrict Athletes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
We need to be past these companies releasing games every year. They can upgrade on the fly, and provide a software patch for the new year. Especially EA sports. They add very little to their titles year by year, it's time to release on 2-3 yr basis.
100% disagree...

1. They add enough (most of the time) where you can choose to purchase or not. Usually I believe more than enough is put in the game to purchase.

2. There is nothing at all stopping you from buying every 2 to 3 years. The rest of the gaming world, myself included, shouldn't be punished and not able to buy what we feel is a worthwhile purchase simply because you don't believe it to be.

In fact, I do this with The Show, I am not a huge baseball fan and I don't think it's worth it to buy each year so I buy every other year.

It's utterly ridiculous for you to demand they withhold product, lose money and deprive those of us who enjoy annual updates, and think they are worth it just because in your opinion it doesn't. No ones forcing you to buy annual releases.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 10-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #74
Just started!

OVR: 0
EA don't put the names or real faces no way just the numbers and skin color ...
Old 10-15-2015, 01:32 AM   #75
Banned

OVR: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
100% disagree...

1. They add enough (most of the time) where you can choose to purchase or not. Usually I believe more than enough is put in the game to purchase.

2. There is nothing at all stopping you from buying every 2 to 3 years. The rest of the gaming world, myself included, shouldn't be punished and not able to buy what we feel is a worthwhile purchase simply because you don't believe it to be.

In fact, I do this with The Show, I am not a huge baseball fan and I don't think it's worth it to buy each year so I buy every other year.

It's utterly ridiculous for you to demand they withhold product, lose money and deprive those of us who enjoy annual updates, and think they are worth it just because in your opinion it doesn't. No ones forcing you to buy annual releases.
You didn't read it bro.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2015, 01:34 AM   #76
Banned

OVR: 10
���� the companies aren't to blame, it's the consumers who are suckers. Like the saying goes, "a sucker is born every 14 secs".

I'm done, great dialogue.
Old 10-15-2015, 10:42 AM   #77
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
You didn't read it bro.
Uh yes, I did. If I'm misunderstanding then tell me what part of what I quoted I am misunderstanding because it seems pretty clear to me from that statement that you are in the camp of "release sports games every 3 years instead of annually" which is, in my opinion, a really dumb idea for everyone involved.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

Old 10-15-2015, 10:48 AM   #78
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
���� the companies aren't to blame, it's the consumers who are suckers. Like the saying goes, "a sucker is born every 14 secs".

I'm done, great dialogue.
You are right, we get what we pay for. However, I disagree that you're accusing the buying public of being a sucker for purchasing. Obviously people feel they are getting what they want...if not they wouldn't buy.

And if you're alluding to the fact that the public will just buy anything then you're wrong. The history of gaming is littered with failed systems, failed games, failed add-on products and just about every other failed type of thing one can think of.

You may not like how things are going, and that's your right, but to say others who don't hold the same view is a sucker is very narcissistic I think. To each his or her own I say.

Old 10-15-2015, 12:03 PM   #79
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Uh yes, I did. If I'm misunderstanding then tell me what part of what I quoted I am misunderstanding because it seems pretty clear to me from that statement that you are in the camp of "release sports games every 3 years instead of annually" which is, in my opinion, a really dumb idea for everyone involved.
Yea I agree after re-reading his post I am also confused because to me he is in that camp.

Also BizDev why would the LEAGUE and the company do it? Nobody would pay for a patch in this day and age. Because we already get patches for free to fix issues, add content (RMPGA), etc. So why would people now all of sudden people pay for a patch? Also these companies would be insane to price these patches at $60 a pop IF they were to go that route. And if they sell the game yearly they do get that $60 for every game sold. You aren't looking at both sides of the argument. Yes the consumers would probably be better off by doing what you suggested. But the company is losing a ton of money doing it for the reason I stated above and I'll state it again, also these companies would be insane to price these patches at $60 a pop IF they were to go that route and when they release a new game it is for $60 per game.
Old 10-15-2015, 12:27 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
Yea I agree after re-reading his post I am also confused because to me he is in that camp.

Also BizDev why would the LEAGUE and the company do it? Nobody would pay for a patch in this day and age. Because we already get patches for free to fix issues, add content (RMPGA), etc. So why would people now all of sudden people pay for a patch? Also these companies would be insane to price these patches at $60 a pop IF they were to go that route. And if they sell the game yearly they do get that $60 for every game sold. You aren't looking at both sides of the argument. Yes the consumers would probably be better off by doing what you suggested. But the company is losing a ton of money doing it for the reason I stated above and I'll state it again, also these companies would be insane to price these patches at $60 a pop IF they were to go that route and when they release a new game it is for $60 per game.
Even if it was $10 it'd be outrage. Heck, even if they called it a roster upgrade and wanted to charge for it people would be angered and say the rosters suck and why pay for what they can get for free and get better done from the community?

These people who say sports games should release every two or three years should realize that it would make things even worse.

Imagine if the next Madden to come out would be Madden 19 instead of Madden 17. Expectations would be off the charts and no matter what sort of game was delivered people would be very pissed off and underwhelmed.

It's just a really stupid idea I think. If you don't feel there's enough innovation each year then the solution is simple, just buy every couple years or even every 3 years and see the change you want.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »