Home

What level do you all play on?

This is a discussion on What level do you all play on? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-03-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: What level do you all play on?

All American
Default Sliders
Old 07-03-2004, 07:13 PM   #18
MVP

fpac's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:

iamme said:
By the Way, this is the only game I own since I got my Playstation 3 Month Ago.

So, you've played 1000 games in 3 months?
Old 07-03-2004, 07:19 PM   #19
Hall Of Fame

RubenDouglas's Arena

OVR: 28

it helps playing with nebraska too...... (assuming from you avatar that all your wins in dynasty are with the same team)

I say... go for a challenge.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:21 PM   #20
ADW
Pro

OVR: 6

Wow I was just about to make a thread asking this same question concerning difficulty levels. I play Heisman default with 8 minute quarters and usually I'm able to get 50 yards a game rushing if I'm playing with a lower rated team and I'm able to get at least 80-100 yards rushing if I'm playing with a higher rated team. I've been considering making some slider adjustments to balance out the game play. For starters the cpu running game can be at times very difficult to stop, especially when fullbacks are able to outrun 90 speed cornerbacks. I'm considering making my running game equal to theirs by increasing the RB ability and Run Blocking. Another Heisman issue is the cpu defense breaks way to many blocks, even double team blocks, so I plan on decreasing their break block ability. I also plan on decreasing the cpu's defensive awareness as they instantly know what play I've called when the ball is snapped. Playaction passing on Heisman usually results in a sack or a very rushed throw that can lead to an interception. I want the chanllege that the Heisman level provides, but I don't like the feeling of playing against 11 Super Men. So basically I'm considering decreasing the cpu's awareness and break block ability and increasing my rb ability and run blocking ability, everthing else will remain at the default position. I feel these adjustments to Heisman will balance out the game.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:27 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:

bobo3 said:
Quote:

SoMiss2000 said:
Quote:

bobo3 said:
Heisman default sliders. AA is just too easy.

Heisman Default is unfair, how do you do it?

I play Heisman, adjusted sliders.

It's not that bad. You just can't expect to win every game. You also have to learn what you can and cannot do, for example, it's damn near impossible to throw hooks and run inside. Defense is pretty easy, as you just have to bait the computer into throwing it deep, and then just get a user pic.

but i like running inside. Doesn't have anything to do with winning or losing. It has everything to do with the all the slider being in the AI's favor and mine damn near non-existant. I'd rather the hardest level make the AI play smarter, not become superAI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-03-2004, 07:31 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:

You have to really know football and read the defense for weakness, for example Georgia, great up front but all I have to do is go over the middle and that's 15 to 20 yard play.

This has nothing to do with winning on heisman as the game is not a perfect simulation of the real game. if anything, you have to know how to exploit the weaknesses of the ai. Like i stated previously, i wish on the harder level, the ai played smarter instead of making unrealistic catches and throws.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:33 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:

fpac said:
Quote:

iamme said:
By the Way, this is the only game I own since I got my Playstation 3 Month Ago.

So, you've played 1000 games in 3 months?

wow. that is 11 games per day...every single day. is that even possible? if so, you're amazing and must have serious controller thumb.
Old 07-03-2004, 07:34 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

SoMiss2000's Arena

Quote:

ADW said:
Wow I was just about to make a thread asking this same question concerning difficulty levels. I play Heisman default with 8 minute quarters and usually I'm able to get 50 yards a game rushing if I'm playing with a lower rated team and I'm able to get at least 80-100 yards rushing if I'm playing with a higher rated team. I've been considering making some slider adjustments to balance out the game play. For starters the cpu running game can be at times very difficult to stop, especially when fullbacks are able to outrun 90 speed cornerbacks. I'm considering making my running game equal to theirs by increasing the RB ability and Run Blocking. Another Heisman issue is the cpu defense breaks way to many blocks, even double team blocks, so I plan on decreasing their break block ability. I also plan on decreasing the cpu's defensive awareness as they instantly know what play I've called when the ball is snapped. Playaction passing on Heisman usually results in a sack or a very rushed throw that can lead to an interception. I want the chanllege that the Heisman level provides, but I don't like the feeling of playing against 11 Super Men. So basically I'm considering decreasing the cpu's awareness and break block ability and increasing my rb ability and run blocking ability, everthing else will remain at the default position. I feel these adjustments to Heisman will balance out the game.

exactly why don't play default Heisman and don't understand how others do. I usually have to adjust the pass and run blocking on heisman.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »